Sessions we'd like to see at MozCamp
Please note - you may absolutely propose a talk which is not one of the following listed. However, please be sure to align your proposals with the larger MozCamp goals + tracks
1. Boot-to-Gecko (Firefox OS) + Apps
- Update on the B2G identity development process, and focus brand-related workshops on the evolution of the Mozilla brand
- B2G contribution how-to workshop (tutorial) + hacking workshop (with the goal of submitting patches by the end of the weekend)
- Update on B2G development process
- Apps creation sprint and how-to workshop
- Alpha Marketplace + Testing
- B2G build testing
- Training on how to host an App's Hack Day and Doc Sprint
- Introduction to and training on tools and strategies that simplify app creation
2. Mobile + Desktop
- Brainstorming workshops (and updates from the Tiger Team) on how to increase desktop usage in Asia, with particular focus on key markets (eg. India, Indonesia, Philippines, China, and Japan)
- Update on new features in Desktop and how-to-contribute in these new areas
- Create plans to augment Firefox for Android usage in key markets (eg. Japan, South Korea, Hong Kong, Singapore, and Taiwan).
- Host "rating sprint" to ensure participants have rated Firefox for Android
- Add-ons for Mobile Development Session
- Firefox Flicks - Campaign Planning for 2013 and a recap of the current Flicks efforts. Also, a call-out to attendees on ways to promote the next efforts in their regions.
3. Grow Mozilla
- Evangelism and Communication Reps training
- Collect 15 years of Mozilla testimonials to leverage for anniversary and contributor recruitment campaigns. Conduct at least 10 'Capturing Mozillians Knowledge' and User Research Interviews.
- Present and secure volunteer buy-in and participation in the new on-boarding process