MozCampLATAM2012/ProposedTalks/Getting involved with Mozilla PR
Speaker(s): Shannon Prior Leslie Nakajima
Proposed Track (Engagement & Localization, Technology & Product, Community Building & Collaboration, or BoF): Engagement
Summary: The Mozilla PR team helps Mozilla's stories reach the world. This session will be an introduction to public relations and communications at Mozilla and an overview of the communications reps special interest group. We'd like to have an in-depth discussion about the Latin American media landscape and how we can maximize our potential press impact in this region.
Other things to be covered:
- How to develop Mozilla specific pitches and blog posts to generate news coverage and discuss coverage tracking methods and tools.
- Mozilla communications channels and how to differentiate from “official” and “unofficial” communication.
- How work effectively with a geo-distributed team ensuring we have cohesive and consistent messages across the globe
Language in which the talk will be given: English
You can find translated versions of the talk here: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/37305222/Mozcamp/Shannon/MozCampLATAM%2C%20CommsReps%2C%204.21.12.pdf http://dl.dropbox.com/u/37305222/Mozcamp/Shannon/MozCampLATAMCommsReps4.21.12.ppt.pdf
Preferred Day of Talk: Saturday
Presentation Slides (to provide at a later point):
Ideal Audience Size: 30-40
Equipment Needs (Video projector already included): N/A
To Be Completed by the Audience-
Submit a Question for the Speaker(s) here:
Place your name here if you would like to attend this talk:
- Marcelo Araldi
- Jeff Beatty
- Luis Sanchez
- Jorge López-Bachiller
- Francisco Picolini (FrancJP)
- Leticia Núñez
- Eduardo Urcullu
- Jefferson Durán
- Julián Ordoñez
- mgalli ( april/4th/12) interested in the oficial vs non-official and how messages scales, or the wave effects vs social and what are benefits and problems.
- Lourdes Castillo (Lourcastillo)
- Percy Cabello (pcabellor)
- Cristina Rodríguez (cristinaarias11)
- Guillermo Movia (deimidis)