- Request for more collection: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1001211
- Stumbling as a full-time service: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1003587
- Cell data upload: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1003598
- Privacy: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1003609
Major Outstanding Items
- Lack of Automated Unit / Functional Testing
- Started adding some of these.
- Excessive Redundant Data Collection
- UX For Opt-in
- need option for cellular data upload (bug 1003598, above)
- move opt-in from startup notification? https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1027078
- Integrate into Fennec
- see status here: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1024708
- No new permissions.
- Separate Process Split
- run stumbler service as a separate process, Android *should* be less likely to kill it. The OS kills processes based on resource usage, so Fennec is likely to be killed when not in use.
- code-wise this is trivial, but ensure mobile team has no concerns.
- ^^^ Current request is to run under Fennec process, I am fine to start with that ^^^
Passive Stumbling Overview
- Primary repo remains MozStumbler GitHub, code will be pushed periodically to m-c. Code will be tagged in GitHub for 'releases' that are pushed to m-c.
- Broadcast receiver specified in manifest xml starts the passive listening service on boot (consider other events?)
- Passive listening service will get GPS location events after other apps have requested a GPS location
- Service will then scan wifi and cell
- Service needs to check Fennec setting for geolocation sharing is on/off
- Periodically, service uploads stumbling data to MLS. Frequency of upload is not yet complete: may depend on both the number of collections, and the age of the current non-uploaded batch.
- Local data storage is cleared after upload.
- Batches 2 weeks old that have not been uploaded are deleted (Not yet implemented)
- Don't run when battery <15%.