In-Tree Annotations of Third-Party Code (moz.yaml)
All third-party code in mozilla-central should have an associated moz.yaml file containing metadata including the origin and Bugzilla component.
- Provides consistency and discoverability to third-party code, its origin (repository, version, SHA, etc), and Mozilla-local modifications
- Simplify the process for auditing vendorerd versions and licenses
- Establish a structure which allows automation to drive vendoring
- Using the example moz.yaml file from the top of moz_yaml.py or an existing moz.yaml file as a template create a moz.yaml in the top level directory of your third-party code.
- The "bugzilla" and "origin" sections must be provided
- The "vendoring" section is optional and is not currently used
- The design document for the moz.yaml format is available on google docs
- Verify the manfiest with mach vendor --verify path/to/moz.yaml
- If you require assistance or a review of your moz.yaml file reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org (glob on IRC/Slack)