mozilla.com was launched on November 29, 2005 with the Firefox 1.5 release with the goal of simplifying the experience of obtaining Mozilla products.
The mission of mozilla.com is to:
- provide a quick and easy path for obtaining our software
- educate visitors about the advantages of our software
- connect users with other Mozilla web properties they may be looking for
The audiences for mozilla.com:
- End users of Mozilla products (both consumers and power users)
- Current Firefox and Thunderbird users looking for upgrade information
- Visitors interested in information about Mozilla Corporation
- Bedrock: A new platform for mozilla.org in Python
- 2011 Rebranding Project: Merging sites under the .org domain name
- Automated tests: Writing Selenium tests to run in Jenkins to make sure the live site works as expected
- Newsletters: Responsys integration and a centralized email service
Please view http://readthedocs.org/docs/bedrock/en/latest/php.html for all the documentation for mozilla.org. It explains how to install it, what the merge is, how to rollout code, how our workflow works, and more.