Mozilla 2 Meeting Details
- Wednesdays - 11:00am Pacific, 2:00pm Eastern, 19:00 UTC
- Mozilla Building S - <script> conference room
- 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x91 Conf# 217 (US/INTL)
- 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 217 (US)
- irc.mozilla.org #mmgc for backchannel
Open Action Items
- bsmedberg is generating builds for comparative perftests... this got lost, will have it today
- XPCOMGC status
- Working through 'make check' in necko. Deadlocks mostly solved through magic in nsAutoLock/nsAutoMonitor
- Necko is being problematic: in particular, the current necko behavior of close-stream-on-last-release is not possible with finalizers. This means that's we'll need to retrofit necko (and perhaps necko clients) with explicit-close of channels. Right now I'm just commenting out assertions and working around problems, but this might not scale.
- But this means that getting performance numbers from a running browser may be quite difficult. Should I instead attempt to create some artificial large-object-graph to test GC performance?
- Going to work on tools to make verification easier: simple dehydra scripts to annotate classes that should be GC or stack objects, and a tool to inform valgrind of live/free MMgc memory
- Discussion of Moz2/next Firefox release