Over time the database for Mozillians.org has become messy, and there are several ways we can make it neat and pretty. This includes removing inactive accounts and data that's not useful.
- Delete abandoned (in code 'incomplete') accounts. Accounts that only have an email address and are older than 7 days should be deleted.
- If a user clicked the 'Sign in' to begin the registration process but hasn't filled in any profile information, we should remove that account after 7 days. This should be set up as a daily (celery?) task.
- Delete existing groups with zero members.
- Delete a group when it no longer has any members. This could be done immediately when the last member leaves a group, or it could be set up as a daily task.
- Delete existing skills associated with zero profiles.
- Delete skills when they are no longer used on profiles. This could be done immediately when the last user removes that skill from her profile, or it could be set up as a daily task.
- If there isn't a file associated with the avatar, clear the avatar
- Reengagement email for incomplete accounts. If a user starts the registration process but does not finish, send them a reminder email with a link to complete their profile.
- (After we have search/browse for language groups) Delete groups with language names. Users can now add languages in a separate profile field. Note: groups named after locale codes (eg: pt-BR) should not be deleted, since these are used by the Localization team.
- (After we have searech/browse for location groups) Delete groups with location names. Users can now add their location (country, region, city) in separate profile fields.