This page contains all of the important details for Mozillians, the community directory for Mozilla.
Tools and platforms that augment our current community platforms, programs and product pages to support Mozilla’s ability to on-ramp, retain and easily organize contributors in the Mozilla Project.
Here's how you can get involved:
- File bugs to suggest features and report issues
- Improve our documentation. (This is a great way to practice using github.)
- Are the instructions complete and up-to-date? If not, correct them.
- Is there a procedure missing? Add it.
- Have you learned about a feature of the site? Create a new section to document it.
- Fix an open bug (Is this your first bug? Try one of these!)
- Help with QA testing Mozillians and verifying bug fixes. Talk with Matthew Brandt
- Create an app that uses the Mozillians API
Info & Specs
- File an Account Help bug if you need assistance with your account
- IRC channel for realtime collaboration: #commtools
- Code on GitHub
- Mentored bugs
- Submit a bug
- See what's deployed
- Developer documentation
- Server environments
- Currently deployed commit
- Developer documentation on Read The Docs (includes installation instructions)
- API Information
- QA Test Plan Risk Assessment
- How to test Mozillians
- Release Process
- Administration FAQ
- Internal infrastructure docs
Documentation: Needs Updating
- Product Owner - William Reynolds
- Developers - Giorgos Logiotatidis / Andrei Hajdukewycz
- TPM - Justin Crawford
- IT - Norman Maul
- QA - Matt Brandt
- Security - Yvan Boily
- Privacy - Stacy Martin
- L10N - Milos Dinic
For Q3 2013, here is how we plan to improve the value of mozillians.org for Mozillians.
High-level goal: Improve the usability of mozillians.org with better search results and richer profiles.
What we will accomplish in Q3:
- Improve profiles with refreshed design and more fields
- Provide better registration and error handling
- Address technical debt (specifically, Playdoh upgrade)
- Make search better
- Inch toward continuous delivery
- Replace vouched with invited
Bugzilla Whiteboard Tags
- [ux]: To be addressed during our 2013 UX push
- [search]: To be addressed during our 2013 work on the search
- [profile]: To be addressed during our 2013 work on the profile
- [good first bug]: This bug is a good one to try for new contributors
- [help-wanted]: We can't put engineers on it immediately but we'd love someone to fix this
- [display contributions]: To be addressed during our 2013 effort to show Mozillians' contributions on their profiles
The engineering and product team meets weekly at 09:30 Pacific Time on Thursdays. To join a meeting...
- Using Vidyo, click on https://v.mozilla.com/flex.html?roomdirect.html&key=37kFbQDXSkDX and enter your name in the "Guest Name" field
- From a telephone, dial the following number: +1 650 903 0800, x92 99554 or +1 800 707 2533, pin 369 - conf 99554
Agendas and notes for meetings are maintained in Etherpad, at URLs like this: https://mozillians.etherpad.mozilla.org/status-2014-01-30.