This page contains all of the important details for Mozillians, the participation platform for Mozilla.
A participation platform
The Community Tools team serves to amplify the ability for Mozillians to contribute and connect with each other through the use of tools. We're building tools to help all Mozillians grow the number of contributions and contributors in the project.
The team helps easily organize contributors to make it easier for people to communicate, collaborate and recognize each other. We provide a suite of modules for contributors to organize events and report their activities in the Mozilla Project. We engage people with contribution opportunities, and keep them informed of relevant Mozilla news.
Here's how you can get involved:
- File bugs to suggest features and report issues
- Improve our documentation. (This is a great way to practice using github.)
- Are the instructions complete and up-to-date? If not, correct them.
- Is there a procedure missing? Add it.
- Have you learned about a feature of the site? Create a new section to document it.
- Fix an open bug (Is this your first bug? Try one of these!)
- Help with QA testing Mozillians and verifying bug fixes. Talk with Matthew Brandt
- Create an app that uses the Mozillians API
Info & Specs
- File an Account Help bug if you need assistance with your account
- IRC channel for realtime collaboration: #commtools
- Code on GitHub
- See what's deployed
- Developer documentation
- Server environments
- Currently deployed commit
- Developer documentation on Read The Docs (includes installation instructions)
- API Information
- QA Test Plan Risk Assessment
- How to test Mozillians
- Release Process
- Administration FAQ
- Internal infrastructure docs
Documentation: Needs Updating
- Vouching Improvements
- API Access Improvements
- Privacy Controls
- Exact Target Integration
- API Specification
Mozillians is run by the Open Innovation Products & Engineering team
- Product Owner - Aakash Desai (aakashd), William Reynolds (williamr), Pierros Papadeas (pierros)
- Developer - Nikos Roussos (comzeradd), Giorgos Logiotatidis (glogiotatidis), Andrei Hajdukewycz (sancus), Julia Elman (juliaelman), Wray Bowling (wbowling), Yvan Boily (yvan), Stacy Martin (stacy)
- TPM - Giorgos Logiotatidis (glogiotatidis) (coding areas), William Reynolds (williamr) (non-coding)
- TPM - Benjamin Sternthal (bensternthal), Justin Crawford (hoosteeno)
- L10N - Milos Dinic (Milos)
We are in a rolling release scheme. Here is the list of mozillians.org releases: