Nepal/Events/Mozilla Nepal 5th Anniversary and Meetup
Mozilla Nepal 5th Anniversary and Meetup
Date: August 26, 2017 Time: 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM Lunch: 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM Short Break: 4:00 PM - 4:30 PM Dinner: 6:30 PM - Venue: Real Time Solutions, Dhobighat, Lalitpur Number of attendees: 20
August 24 marks as Mozilla Nepal's anniversary date. Since it is on Thursday this year, we are planning to have actual event on Saturday, public holiday. This year we want to celebrate it with a much needed community meetup.
We haven't been able to distribute tasks properly among ourselves and community engagement has not been quite good in the past year. But recently we have seen more interest in the community activites with various small events like "Mozilla Global Sprint", "MozActivate Extensions", "Campus Campaigns" By our RC and Localization.
We have seen lots of new faces trying to get engaged with the community. So, it seems it is high time to organize a small community meetup and mobilize the new faces. Attendees will be handpicked based on their overall contributions and/or activities in past 6-months (For new).
To re-create a working functional group. We did this last year too, but it didn't work out well, because most of the attendees were the ones who had already been involved previously,and it seems they are busy with their own works and unable to provide time for community works.
- 1. Create functional Groups [Proposed Leads]:
- Community Engagement/Event Plannings [2-4]
- The main focus of this group would be to work on various activities which can help members get constantly engaged :with various community activities. Motivating new members will also be essential part of this team. We will have :more experienced and long-involved members in this team.
- Localization Team [5+]
- Last year was a good year for MozNP L10N. We had various online & on-site sprints organized. We would like to :continue the momentum. But our L10N lead, Nootan Ghimire, has moved to another country for work, so we need to do :some minor restructuring of the team. Also, since we have a good venue available for us, L10N team will also plan :on short sprints eg: once a month or twice a month of 2-3 hours.
- We also plan to have live talk with Nootan on his inputs and suggestions on the L10N team and what should be done :next to make it stay good.
- Campus Team [5-7]
- Roshan Gautam, our Regional Co-ordinator has been doing good visiting various campuses in the past month and :organizing orientation events and forming campus clubs. To ensure those clubs functions properly and are updated :with global missions we need a dedicated team who can co-ordinate with these clubs and also help Roshan with :various Campus related activities. From our past experience, students are the ones who can be most motivated in :the community activities, so this is an important team and will play vital part in many community activities.
- MozActivate Team [3-5]
- This team will handle the MozActivate related activities. These short, small events seems to be good for keeping :the community active and have new members get involve with the community.
- Social Media Team [2-3]
- Keep our social media accounts busy. Update about small and big events in social media.
- Documentation Team [2-3]
- Will document the events and various activities and publish it in wiki or blog whichever applies for those :activities. This team should be updated with all the current happenings of the community and should dedicate a few :hours every month for the documentation.
- Technical Team/Artwork/Dev 
- 2. Celebrate Fifth Anniversary
- We also plan do a small celebration on the occasion of fifth anniversary by recalling some special events of the past. Also, this is a good opportunity to discuss on the strong points and mistakes during the past years.
10:00 - 10:30
Start the event, brief about event agendas
10:30 - 10:45
Describe about various functional groups
10:45 - 11:00
Create Teams: Attendees group themselves on the teams they want to work on.
11:00 - 1:00
Team Discussion - I Review past activities of that team (if applicable). + Live session with Nootan Ghimire for L10N Team Create plans for next 3 months. Select team lead. Teams which can plan quickly (eg. Social Media team) can join other teams.
1:00 - 1:15
Briefing about the decisions made by the team (By team leads)
1:15 - 2:00
2:00 - 3:00
Team Discussion - II Mostly discuss on how the plan for next 3 months that each team has created can be achieved Write down caveats and challenges.
3:00 - 4:00
Present challenges to the whole group and try to find solutions for these
4:00 - 4:30
4:30 - 5:30
More discussion on possible solutions for the problems/challenges presented by the teams, as well as discussion on mistakes done in the past.
5:30 - 6:00