Round 9 was December 2014 - March 2015
Outreachy Round 9
The Outreachy session for this period has ended already.
APPLICATIONS ARE NOW CLOSED However, if you have an application submitted you can still continue to contribute. Mentors will make their decisions on October 25 and finalize it on October 31 which means you can still contribute and/or finish something you started but didn't have time to finish.
This is the landing page for the December 9, 2014 to March 9, 2015 round of FOSS OPW, organized by GNOME Foundation.
This page contains all the information about the opportunity with Mozilla for the Outreach Program for Women internship that will take place from December 9, 2014 to March 9, 2015. Please see the main program page for the general information about the program, such as timeline, background information, eligibility, requirements, and the application form.
- Application deadline: 22 October 2014 at 19:00 UTC.
- Announcement of accepted applicants: 12 November 2014 at 19:00 UTC via the main program page.
(Mentors: add your projects below.
SUMO/Input Web Designer/Developer (SUMO/Input Engineering Team)
Mentor: Will Kahn-Greene
SUMO is the support site for Mozilla products. It helps millions of users every week through a knowledge base and support forum. It also provides collaboration and localization tools for the contributors. It uses technology like Python, Django, MySQL, Redis, Memcached, Elasticsearch and more.
Input is one of several tools the Mozilla community uses to gather user sentiment on Mozilla products. This data helps us track down problems, guide new development and generally make Mozilla products better for users using them.
Work with the engineering team of both sites to make them better which in turn helps us serve Mozilla product users and contributors in the best way possible.
You'll be working with Will, the primary developer on Input and one of the developers on SUMO to work on SUMO and Input. You'll be contributing code, reviewing pull requests, and working with developers. You'll be involved in our regular meetings and development cycle.
To get started on Input:
- Read the Input project page
- Join us! Work through our Join this project chapter which includes joining the Input development mailing list and joining the #input channel on irc.mozilla.org
- Check out Input and leave a piece of feedback
- Work through our Getting started guide which will walk you through setting up a Fjord development environment for Input development
- Pick a bug that you think you can do from the list on the bottom of our GetInvolved page and ask in the comments to have it be assigned to you
Lisa Hewus Fresh Portland, OR, USA - Air Mozilla Web Design and Development - Peter Bengtsson
Tessy Joseph (tessy), Kerala, India - One and Done - Rebecca Billings
Barbara Miller (galgeek), Portland, OR, USA - QA/Automation - Henrik Skupin
Adam Okoye (aokoye), Portland, OR, USA - SUMO/Input Web Design and Development - Will Kahn-Greene