The purpose of Firefox Input is to collect actionable feedback from our user base across each channel of our software development process. The application collects feedback and offers a set of analysis methods for looking at the resulting data.
- Product Manager: Matt Grimes (:Matt_G)
- Tech lead, architect, dev, QA, deployer: Will Kahn-Greene (:willkg), Ricky Rosario (:r1cky)
- Dev (Product-embedded Input feedback forms): Firefox for Android: :margaret, Firefox OS: Larissa Co, Firefox Desktop: Gregg Lind
Input development happens on IRC in #input on irc.mozilla.org
- code: https://github.com/mozilla/fjord
- code docs: https://fjord.readthedocs.org/
- public mailing list: https://mail.mozilla.org/listinfo/input-dev
- IRC: #input on irc.mozilla.org
- sprints: https://sumo-ernest.herokuapp.com/project/input
- bugs: bugs are in the Input product. Create a new bug
Interested in contributing to Input? Get Involved!
- Become the primary feedback mechanism for Mozilla products.
- Find solutions to specified user feedback needs to make Mozilla's products better.
- Promote the benefits of an open feedback system.
How we want to get to those goals:
- Provide low-bar submission methods for defined needs from user feedback.
- Experiment with our data to find new ways to visualize and propagate data (deal with scale inherently).
- Construct methods to use Input as a feedback loop for QA, localization and marketing.
- Feedback sent to Mozilla should be constructive, direct and actionable.
- Feedback should allow drivers to make decisions that deliver a better value proposition to our users.
- Submissions should take no more than 5 steps to submit.
- Feedback should be fun to write!
- Collecting and using feedback should be in accordance with Mozilla's privacy policies.
- Search syntax documentation, see Firefox/Input/Search syntax.
- Feedback urls documentation, see Feedback URLs
- API documentation, see API documentation
Projects and Roadmap
Projects in the planning stage
- ?: Input Site Style Overhaul
- ?: Reduce the abuse
- 2015q3?: Move to AWS
In progress projects
- Gradient Sentiment: being reassessed
- Product Dashboards -- abandoned because User Advocacy is building dashboards that pull from Input and other sources and they're better equipped to build and maintain them