The purpose of Firefox Input is to collect actionable feedback from our user base across each channel of our software development process. The application collects feedback and offers a set of analysis methods for looking at the resulting data.
- PM: Cheng Wang (:cww)
- Dev (Web Piece): James Socol (:jsocol), Will Kahn-Greene (:willkg)
- Dev (Client Piece): Android: :margaret, B2G: Larissa Co, Desktop: Gregg Lind
- QA: TBD
- Metrics: TBD
Contact us on IRC via #input on irc.mozilla.org
- code: https://github.com/mozilla/fjord
- code docs: http://fjord.readthedocs.org/
- public mailing list: https://mail.mozilla.org/listinfo/input-dev
- sprints: http://scrumbu.gs/projects/input/ (NB: We're not sprinting right now. 2013-03-26)
- bugs: bugs are in the Input product. Create a new bug
- Become the primary feedback mechanism for Mozilla products.
- Find solutions to specified user feedback needs to make Mozilla's products better.
- Promote the benefits of an open feedback system.
How we want to get to those goals:
- Provide low-bar submission methods for defined needs from user feedback.
- Experiment with our data to find new ways to visualize and propagate data (deal with scale inherently).
- Construct methods to use Input as a feedback loop for QA, localization and marketing.
- Feedback sent to Mozilla should be constructive, direct and actionable.
- Feedback should allow drivers to make decisions that deliver a better value proposition to our users.
- Submissions should take no more than 5 steps to submit.
- Feedback should be fun to write!
- Collecting feedback should be in accordance with Mozilla's privacy policies.
- https://input.mozilla.org/%LOCALE%/feedback - Input will guess at your product and channel based on the user agent
- Firefox desktop stable: https://input.mozilla.org/%LOCALE%/feedback/firefox.desktop.stable
- Firefox for Android: https://input.mozilla.org/%LOCALE%/feedback/firefox.android.stable
- FirefoxOS: https://input.mozilla.org/%LOCALE%/feedback/firefox.fxos.stable
There aren't urls for non-stable channels, yet.