The purpose of Firefox Input is to collect actionable feedback from our user base across each channel of our software development process. The application collects feedback and offers a set of analysis methods for looking at the resulting data.
- PM: Matt Grimes (:Matt_G), Cheng Wang (:cww)
- Dev (input.mozilla.org): Will Kahn-Greene (:willkg), Ricky Rosario (:r1cky)
- Dev (Product-embedded Input feedback forms): Firefox for Android: :margaret, Firefox OS: Larissa Co, Firefox Desktop: Gregg Lind
- QA: TBD
- Metrics: TBD
Contact us on IRC via #input on irc.mozilla.org
- code: https://github.com/mozilla/fjord
- code docs: https://fjord.readthedocs.org/
- public mailing list: https://mail.mozilla.org/listinfo/input-dev
- sprints: https://sumo-ernest.herokuapp.com/project/input
- bugs: bugs are in the Input product. Create a new bug
- Become the primary feedback mechanism for Mozilla products.
- Find solutions to specified user feedback needs to make Mozilla's products better.
- Promote the benefits of an open feedback system.
How we want to get to those goals:
- Provide low-bar submission methods for defined needs from user feedback.
- Experiment with our data to find new ways to visualize and propagate data (deal with scale inherently).
- Construct methods to use Input as a feedback loop for QA, localization and marketing.
- Feedback sent to Mozilla should be constructive, direct and actionable.
- Feedback should allow drivers to make decisions that deliver a better value proposition to our users.
- Submissions should take no more than 5 steps to submit.
- Feedback should be fun to write!
- Collecting feedback should be in accordance with Mozilla's privacy policies.
- https://input.mozilla.org/%LOCALE%/feedback - Input will guess at your product and channel based on the user agent
- https://input.mozilla.org/%LOCALE%/feedback/%PRODUCT%/%VERSION%/ - Feedback for specified product, version and locale
- Firefox desktop: https://input.mozilla.org/%LOCALE%/feedback/firefox
- Firefox for Android: https://input.mozilla.org/en-US/feedback/android
- Firefox OS: https://input.mozilla.org/en-US/feedback/fxos
If you're writing an email, blog post, tweet, whatever and link to Input feedback form, you should specify the
utm_campaign querystring parameters. For example: