Oxidation is a project to integrate Rust code into Gecko and Firefox.
Which components will use Rust code?
- URL parser: bug 1151899
- CSS style calculation / bug stylo: Experimental work is in progress to use Servo's style code in Gecko.
- Replace uconv with encoding-rs: bug 1261841
- WebM demuxer: bug 1267492
- …and more will be added as the project progresses!
What is the high-level status of things?
- Build system support for Rust is available, but not required by default.
- The MP4 metadata parser is enabled and shipped on release!
- Rust code is not currently enabled on Android.
- Rust is scheduled to be *required* on all platforms as of Firefox 53 (after the next ESR).
Raw Rust code (lives in m-c) blockers
- Top-level metabug bug oxidation
- Android support bug 1220307
- Linux distro support for Rust 
- Need to improve call stacks bug 1268328
Cargo / GitHub blockers
- Tracking bug bug 1231764
- Vendoring Cargo crates   
- Two-way source sync (design still in progress) [Discussion