Mozilla Partner Repack System
Main contact: Kev Needham
Q/A contact: Tomcat (Carsten Book)
RelEng Contact: Chris Cooper
WebDev contact: TBD
- Mock-up and Content Structure [approved]
- [10/17] Design files and Feedback hand-off [in progress]
- First mockups and files sent
- First batch of copy, sent
- [11/07] Webdev to finish building the site.
- [11/14] Q/A to be complete
- Product Placement [done]
- New back designs to be provided (Tara) http://www.intothefuzz.com/2008/10/17/getfirefoxcom-vs-firefoxcom/
- [10/24] API Product templates complete [in process]
- [10/24] Store complete
- Sign contract [done]
- Finalize click agreement with cbrady [done]
- Contact designers from contest pool to seed the store. [done]
- Resulting in 50+ designs/products
- Identify other design sources [done]
- re-purposing designs from internal projects and campaigns such as Mozilla.com, Robot, etc such as those from Mozilla.com http://www.flickr.com/photos/intothefuzz/sets/72157606069938392/
- Customizable "name" shirts. Perhaps a way for community members to say how they are involved with the project. "I'm ____ and I work on ____". These serve as templates which can be filled in and customized by anyone.
- Product line:
- All T-shirt styles between women, men, and kids. Offering 400+ varieties.
- Product placement and Store maintenance will be covered primarily by Zazzle team.
- Product templates sent to Zazzle
- Possibly including other merch categories in the future.
COMMUNITY STORE WEB PROPERTIES:
- Zazzle Store: zazzle.com/mozilla
- Currently hidden
- Will feature a limited number of products which will help increase visibility and sales within the established Zazzle community.
- Main gallery hosted by us: communitystore.mozilla.org
- Color palette and style echoing Mozilla.com / Mozilla Store
- Site / page layouts [done]
- Main header banner [done - tbd]
- Pages elements:
- Landing page / Gallery view. Customizable with category filters
- Design Guidelines
- Upload tool
- Thank you / confirmation page
- About the Store
- Tag Cloud / Tag Search
- Homepage [to be designed]
- Gallery [drafted]
- Design Preview page [to be designed]
- About page [drafted]
- FAQ [drafted]
- Design guidelines and steps [drafted]
- Upload tool [drafted]
- Thank you page [drafted]
- Bug File for domain name: CommunityStore.Mozilla.com [done]
- Q/A [pending assignment]
- Identify input fields [done]
- Email (required)
- Fname / Lname (search tag unless chosen to be anonymous)
- Web portfolio / blog (for reference, no published due to security)
- File (required) Auto detect very low res files.
- Design name and/or tags (searchable)
- Background display color (required)
- JPG files will default to a white background. OK for printing.
- PNG files need a background color
- Upload preview
- Term of Agreement
- Privacy click option
- Admin Interface
- Place all designs in queue via spreadsheet view
- Allow for batch updates:
- batch delete, approve, tag, theme, etc.
- Build actual tool with webdev [pending]
- First mockups reviewed, feedback provided
FLOW / WALKTHROUGH
- Main landing page is communitystore.mozilla.org
- Users can browse gallery by:
- Featured products, recent, popular, category themes, all, or keyword search.
- Users can create their own design, we have guidelines to help them
- They can upload a design. Once uploaded the confirmation page gives two options:
- Head back to the gallery
- Head over to zazzle to customize, create and buy right now via API.
- All designs are reviewed (by Zazzle or Mozilla) for brand / style guidelines