To use the repack script, you'll need a few things. They are:
- a Mac with OSX. Part of the repack process involves creating DMGs, and unfortunately hdiutil is OSX-only. There are alternative methods to creating DMGs, but any we've found so far have been sub-optimal. If hdiutil isn't installed on your Mac, you'll need to grab Apple's Xcode.
- [ http://www.python.org/ python 2.7.5] (needed for the subprocess module). It either needs to be the default python used on said mac, or you can run the script using "python partner-repacks.py ..."
- pkg-dmg must be in PATH. This tool can be found here.
- 7-zip (specifically 7za) must be in PATH. Can install this via port, brew or via dmg (p7zip). Using brew you can
brew install p7zip
- wget must be in PATH. Again, install via port or whatever. Using brew,
brew install wget
- upx must be in the PATH. Using brew,
brew install upx
- A current pull of the partner repo.
Building a local repack
cd partner-repacks/scripts bash signing-server-setup.sh export PYTHONPATH=$PWD/tools/lib/python partner-repacks.py -v $VERSION -n $BUILD -d ../partners -p $PARTNERNAME \ --dmg-extract-script `pwd`/tools/release/common/unpack-diskimage.sh \ --pkg-dmg ~/moz/fx-team/build/package/mac_osx/pkg-dmg
Building a current release:
partner-repacks.py -v 33.0 -n 1 -d ../partners -p $PARTNERNAME \ --dmg-extract-script `pwd`/tools/release/common/unpack-diskimage.sh \ --pkg-dmg ~/moz/fx-team/build/package/mac_osx/pkg-dmg
Building a beta release:
partner-repacks.py -v 34.0b6 -n 1 -d ../partners -p $PARTNERNAME \ --dmg-extract-script `pwd`/tools/release/common/unpack-diskimage.sh \ --pkg-dmg ~/moz/fx-team/build/package/mac_osx/pkg-dmg \ --repo releases/mozilla-beta
Your new builds will appear at
If you have the wrong level of python, you'll see this error:
Traceback (most recent call last): File "./partner-repacks.py", line 10, in <module> from util.retry import retry ImportError: No module named util.retry
Grab the latest python from https://www.python.org/downloads/.