Personas/New Review Guidelines
Personas have joined the Themes family! Read more
New home of the Review Guidelines - https://wiki.mozilla.org/Marketplace/Reviewers/Themes/Guidelines
Updated: April 16, 2012
Personas reviewers ensure that Personas meet the standards established in these guidelines, and remove Personas that are in violation in a timely manner.
These standards are meant to be used as general guidance for reviewers, and may not cover every scenario. If in doubt, reject or escalate for further input but err on the side of escalating questionable offensive content.
Following are the types of content we review for:
- sexual content;
- inappropriate, offensive, or hate content (including Nazi content);
- violence, war or weaponry images;
- defamatory content;
- references to online gambling;
- general housekeeping that is readily apparent without further research.
Copyright or Trademark Violations
Reviewers do not handle reports of copyright or trademark infringements. Determining copyright or trademark infringement is a complicated legal process that should be handled by Mozilla’s legal team. For these issues, reviewers should follow the DMCA process and direct copyright or trademark holders to contact the Mozilla legal team.
- Any obscene or pornographic material (photographic or non-photographic), including:
- bondage/violence, bestiality, adult diaper wear, or other sexual fetish
- bodily fluids (e.g. ejaculation or vomiting)
- depictions of sex acts via camera angles, cropping, poses, or focus of images
- full nudity (bare breasts and/or genitals are visible), where the objective is not appreciation of the arts. Images like Leonardo Da Vinci’s Vitruvian Man or Baroque cherubs are ok unless they are intentionally represented in a sexual context
- partial nudity where bare breasts and/or genitals are visible through clothing (i.e. wet see-through clothing)
- manipulation of images to distort or disfigure body parts, with the intention to shock, e.g. grossly inflated breasts, male parts Photoshopped onto female bodies, naked breasts with nipples removed
- Any child pornography or suggestive material;
- Child pornography must be escalated to Mozilla for reporting to the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children (NCMEC). Please send an email to email@example.com and include the persona ID number and a link to the designer’s gallery.
- With child content, any nudity should be rejected. Areas of concern here also include (a) children's interactions with others, poses, gestures, or other contexts that involve a sexual suggestion or (b) images that, even if not suggestive, may be alluring to pedophiles (e.g., Brooke Shields as a child in a tub or a fully-clothed model described as, "Barely 18").
- Symbols or representations of pedophilia or child porn (even those intended as satire) should be removed (e.g., pedobear)
INAPPROPRIATE, OFFENSIVE, OR HATE CONTENT
- Violence, War/Weapons:
- Images that are graphically violent (including images of splattered blood, corpses, dismemberment, etc) or feature weapons or other images of war (like tanks) that are used in a context of violence against a person or animal
- Images depicting or advocating self-harm
- "Hate" content against any group of people in imagery or text (i.e. a rainbow flag with an “X” drawn through it, or racial slurs)
- Note: anything relating to Nazism must be rejected
- Profanity in text or gestures in imagery
- Take into account intent. If intent is to inflame or be obscene, do not approve. However, mild profanity used for emphasis or exclamation is ok (i.e. “This persona is the shit!” in a description)
- Invasion of privacy - personas that include personal information such as private residence addresses, phone numbers, or emails, etc, should be rejected
Anything that "trashes" or ridicules another person or entity or company must be escalated for legal review.
Anything that explicitly or clearly references online gambling should be rejected. If there are suggestions of online gambling, escalate for further input.
You may reject Personas based on the following image quality issues:
- Excessively stretched, blurry, or pixelated images
- Oversized images (usually due to the header and template size exceeding 3000 x 200 pixels)
- Personas where the image is all on the left-hand side
- Blank personas, i.e. an all-white image
You may reject Personas that are duplicates of another submission. Personas that are identical except for the text color are ok as long as the designer notes the color difference in the title or description.
In an effort to maintain the integrity of the Personas search system, you may also reject Personas whose description fields are not an accurate representation of the content or theme of the Persona. Use the "Other rejection reason..." field to reject Personas for this reason.
Personas that are clearly spam should be rejected.