Places Team Meeting Details
- Mondays at 9:00am Pacific
- irc.mozilla.org #places
- Blockers (1, 0, http://tinyurl.com/dgbhmn)
- bug 488783 - Tags list no longer sorted (alphabetized), mak: patch ready but investigating on sorting issues noticed while writing test.
- Needs branch landing (1, -2, http://tinyurl.com/c4droh)
- Wanted (33, 0, http://tinyurl.com/cg78qy)
- Possible Wontfix (41, +1, http://tinyurl.com/ajqgm7)
- Places bugs on m-c but not yet on 1.9.1 (19, -12, http://tinyurl.com/686pp9)
- Waiting for approval1.9.1 (3, -8, http://tinyurl.com/cs2gng)
- Requiring tests (in-testsuite?) (81, -3, http://tinyurl.com/d3eqav)
- Bug Triage (1354, -4 change), http://tinyurl.com/a3j9p6)
- Working the qawanted list
- Verifying fixed-1.9.1 bugs
- blocker bug 487040 Crash [@ nsNavHistoryResult::OnItemAdded ]. Landed on trunk and branch, re-enabled crashing test on branch and waiting results
- bug 484019 Fix roots titles with preventive maintenance. First patch ready, need to evaluate how to handle checks on Library left pane folders.
- bug 487777 History menu is slow and takes ages to open. Fixed on trunk and branch.
- Fixed some of the places "sort operation required" storage warnings.
- various reviews and pushes
- blocker bug 488783 Tags list no longer sorted (alphabetized) in latest Shiretoko nightly. Patch ready, but i noticed some strange behavior while writing a test, investigating them. ETA should be end of today.
- bug 488966 Add a last_visit_date column with an index to moz_places. Want to investigate if it would be possible fixing this for 3.5, and if really would make history menu lightning fast.
- Clear recent history sprint bug 480169 - landed on trunk and branch
- Weave bookmarks-restore notifications bug 470314 - landed on trunk and branch
- Library polish bug 430148 - review requested from mano
- hasTag bug 399799 - put up an nsIVariant patch for Dietrich's review; need to investigate alphabetizing array of tags returned per Marco's comment
- bookmarks initialization is not fault tolerant bug 478912 - posted a WIP patch that addresses most but not all of the issues linked to in the bug, but the bug is very terse; could use some guidance here, or maybe Marco or Dietrich could use the patch as a starting point since they know what the bug's about
- reviews, etc.
- Bugs with dev-doc-needed (http://is.gd/iVWS)
- the migration guide needs history api and dynamic container examples. (dietrich)
- the design documents linked from MDC need to be written. can probably cull from the old design overview docs.
- Documentation non-existent:
- dynamic containers (MaK77)
- will do as soon as they are working properly
- dynamic containers (MaK77)
- Needs porting from WMO to MDC:
- Places:Transactions (decide on owner)
- A Places (or non-Places-specific that we use for Places...) dashboard that shows live changes, bugzilla queries, graphs would be nice to have
- Places team in person meeting during All Hands week
- Tuesday afternoon: https://wiki.mozilla.org/Places:AllHandsBOF2009Q2
- bug 445704 needs to be ported to 3.0.10 branch (freeze is April 21st)
- bug 489173 Issue with size of places.sqlite and Google Toolbar