Audio Recording of this Meeting
Meeting Agenda/Notes for First Goal Planning Session: Apr 6, 2007
- Discuss the the overall process for these goals.
- Record and discuss the goals for each functional group below.
- Call for updates/changes.
- Schedule additional sessions as needed.
Please update the goals for each functional group for the months 4, 5, 6 of 2007:
- List metrics we are going to care about
- Define milestones & performance targets & strive to reach them wherever possible [a little softer than should be]
- Focusing on blocking (+) bugs and significantly reduce number of blocking bugs
- GFX & layout performance parity with 1.8, with no regressions [damon's raised a flag here regarding overall layout bandwidth]
- Carbon-to-cocoa API work finished; new appshell implementation
- Content: cut blocker list in half for content; fix some specific security vulnerabilities
- Implement & land cross-site XMLHTTPrequest
- Develop protected mode plan
- Enable libXUL
- Finish Breakpad implementation
Goal Meeting #2, May 2 @ 2:30PM PDT Notes:
- A specific focus performance regressions: We will define milestones and performance targets and strive to reach them. Note: Will use the graph server to see and track international page rendering.
- Begin immediately focusing on "+" bugs.
- Significantly reduce the number of blocker bugs.
- Enable new textframe (roc)
Complete compositor (roc)
- Fix Major Regressions From the Reflow Branch Landing:
- Get style system tested under mochitest well enough to catch common mistakes when adding CSS properties (dbaron)
- add reftests for reflow branch work (particularly table width calculation) (dbaron)
- make progress on layout invariant assertions (dbaron)
- Accessibility Improvement: key 1.9 style system changes:
media queries (bug 156716), always use my colors pref bug 348637 (dbaron)
- additional important (user-facing) patches: scroll position restoration bug 43114, link handling bug 335963 (dbaron)
progress on top CSS bugs(dbaron)
- Implement Unicode-compatible line breaking (smontagu)
- International text issues from new textframe (smontagu) ? (Does this mean we won't have any issues with international text?)
- Initialize editors for at least single-line text controls lazily (bzbarsky)
- Get enn's popup rewrite reviewed (bzbarsky)
- Feature-complete gfx (Note: Requires sync with Firefox plans for UI demands from gfx [mconnor]; same applies to SVG [tor])
- No functional regressions in gfx rendering
- Performance parity with 1.8. (BIG NOTE: might be too difficult for this quarter.)
- Rewrite parts of CSS Rendering for performance/correctness (initially borders/outlines -- vlad)
Mac OS X
- Cocoa Widgets Stable (eliminate all blockers): Current blockers: 27.
- Finish new appshell implementation.
- Finish native form controls for Mac OS X.
- Make style sheets know their principal and make URI/Image CSSValues know what their originating principal is (bzbarsky)
- Land the "don't block parser on stylesheets" patch (bzbarsky)
- Stop adding <br> nodes to plaintext in editor (depends on new textframe) (bzbarsky)
- Implement and land Cross Site XMLHttpRequest (sicking)
- Cut my blocker list in half, including fixing any beta blockers (sicking)
- Investigate <include> and, if appropriate, implement it. Otherwise work on XBL2 (sicking)
- Fix plugin widget reparenting to solve plugin teardown problems, primarily on Win32 (jst)
- Sort out JS principals vs scope issue described in bug 317240 (jst)
- Continue investigating Mozilla 2 (jst)
- Convince reference implementation of JS2/ES4 to pass spidermonkey and AS3 testsuites
- Fix bug https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=363891
- Develop breakpad client/server with all the features and QA reports needed for a release
- Finish the FF+XR build system to ship the resulting builds, and fix the mac UB builds (bsmedberg)
- --enable-libxul for Firefox (bsmedberg)
- Develop a concrete plan & timeline for configure system rework/replacement (luser/bsmedberg)