« previous week | index | next week »
Notices / Schedule
- Schedule on the wiki
- If your name is on this list, you own a blocker
- Code freeze is June 16 at 11:59pm (but don't perendinate too long!)
- closed mozilla-central to all but approved patches and blockers on May 21
- about 10 blockers remaining (mostly regression fixes) over the past 5 days
- build and QA are waiting on cutoff, ready-to-roll
- 8 blocker nominations (-8 w/w)
- 12 code blockers left without a fix (-28 w/w), 11 non-code blockers (-1 w/w)
- 16 total outstanding blockers not marked fixed1.9.1/verified1.9.1 (-78 w/w)
Since 1.9.1 branch ...
Past 2 weeks ...
[ Platform Blocker Queries | Front End Blocker Queries ]
- our ability to move fixes from mozilla-central to mozilla-1.9.1 is impressive, due largely to better sheriffing practises and attention to [oranges]
- need to keep an eye on small performance regressions
- need to ask ourselves: fix regression or backout original fix?
- 99 blockers marked fixed1.9.1 over last week
- 8 bugs nominated for blocking over last week (-6 w/w)
- blocking-firefox3.5+: 7 new unresolved (+1 w/w), 5 new resolved blocking-firefox3.5+ added (+2 w/w)
- blocking1.9.1+: 12 new unresolved (-6 w/w), 32 new resolved blocking1.9.1+ added (-9 w/w)
- 95 patches approved for 1.9.1 over last week (+38 w/w)
- 27 bugs with approval1.9.1+ that are not yet landed on 1.9.1 (-16 w/w)
Browser / Front End
- Blockers: 4 remaining & 0 nominations
- need to investigate bug 494255 - volunteers?
- fixes arriving for all four of these by end of day
- Rob Strong fixed bug 404541 - process elevation on Vista installer]
- Polish update: Firefox is 56% shiny (0% change)
- Thanks go to: Dao, Drew
- Also Dao and Ehsan got a lot of images landed over the weekend
- 46 remaining easy polish bugs (whiteboard [polish-easy])
- 40 remaining hard polish bugs(whiteboard [polish-hard])
GFX 1.9.1 Update
- No blocker noms
- 3 layout blockers:
- bug 493968: needs dbaron review (but he's away)
- bug 494255: Txul increase (not sure what's going on there)
- bug 494590: worrying. Can we not fix it? Will it appear with default settings?
- Other bugs of interest
- Windows hardware A/V sync (doublec)
- bug 494667: layout regression, needs dbaron review (roc)
- bug 467744: XID churn causes crash (karlt)
- 1.9.2 work:
- Windowless iframes/scrolling (roc)
- SMIL animation of CSS (dholbert)
- low-overhead frame arena poisoning (zwol)
- Need need NEED Neil's focus patch
- Content Blockers: 1
- several nominations here around regressions from making localStorage conform to HTML5 specification
- sessionStorage: do we want to keep bug 455070 which has:
- caused a few regressions on sites that worked with Firefox 3 (fe bug 494543)
- resulted in some active debates on how we should conform (see bug 494799)
- decided to back-out bug 455070 but retain the tests
Mac OS X Update
- JS Blockers: 3
- several nominations
These are bugs that fall outside of components covered by the Gfx, Content, Layout and JS groups:
Mobile 1.9.1 Update
- blocking-fennec (1.0b2+, 1.0b3+ & 1.0+) [bugs]
- pooling of talos slaves started last week, continuing this week
- machines will no longer be tied to one branch; let us know if you see any problems on dev dashboard, graphserver, etc. As talos machines become pooled, Tinderbox columns will be consolidated, not have machine name.
- converted firefox3.0 talos last Thursday
- will need to migrate the other existing talos slaves to the pool at some point. when's the best time?
- we expect this will reduce talos wait times significantly
- more slaves coming online for tryserver
- mobile tryserver work progressing
- signing machine and mobile infrastructure going offline 5th June for office move.
- How many people are running Windows 7?
- you can get the RC for free
- it runs in VMWare & Parallels as if it were Windows Vista, and VirtualBox as if it were Linux
- Icon landing for 3.5 (all platforms). None of this blocking, but it would be good to get as much landed as possible. We are using this spreadsheet to track progress: http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=pMZGKUlD9NOM0KbLcneMfbw
- QA will concentrate testing in the following areas during RC1 testing:
- Video performance and Controls, Geolocation, Session Restore, Tabbed Browsing, Drag and drop functionality, Clear history/ private browsing/ forget this site, topsites layout and performance, windows 7 adhoc testing. Please suggest any other broad regression areas here.
- Looks like session store is cut for 3.5?
- Focused test day for everyone on RC1? There has been some talk about having everyone (dev, mktg?, QA, etc) take some time out to really beat on RC1. I am happy to help organize. Thoughts? [timr]
- Feedback on the new Firefox icon is welcome