« previous week | index | next week »
Notices / Schedule
- Please work on your blockers
- Currently have 26 blockers that need patches
- Code freeze scheduled for tonight!
- Reminder: All patches require approval on 1.9.0. Blockers do not have automatic approval
- froze and started RC1 builds on Friday last week
- rebuilt RC1 yesterday to correct a problem with the updater code, won't affect QA results or timing
- so far the rest of the RC1 QA work has looked great
- aiming for following schedule:
- Tuesday,June 16th - ship RC1 update to Firefox 3.5 Beta users
- Friday, June 19th - pending QA approval, ship RC1 on all-beta download page
- Thursday, June 25th - make launch decision for following week
- 3 blocker nominations - none look like they'd hold RC
- 0 code blockers left without a fix
- 11 total outstanding blockers not marked fixed1.9.1/verified1.9.1 (0 of which are code-related)
- 14 patches approved over the last week
Browser / Front End
- Spending time this week helping QA with RC1 verification work
- moving on to TSnap bugs which aim to make Firefox observably faster
- also returning to polish bugs and exploratory sprints
- Reminder to review the Firefox.Next plan and add your comments/feedback on the discussion page or in the dev-apps-firefox thread
- Polish update: Firefox is 58% shiny (+4% change)
- Thanks go to: Dao (5), boriss, ventnor
- 46 remaining easy polish bugs (whiteboard [polish-easy])
- 41 remaining hard polish bugs(whiteboard [polish-hard])
- New Windows pixman span rasterizer is just about ready to land; gives Windows performance potentially greater than that of Mac. Only thing left is Linux, which is hampered by XRender.
- Windows 7 jumplists are coming along. This will be a toolkit/widget feature, so other products (eg Thunderbird) will be able to take advantage of it.
- Landed a fix to image caching that ended up regressing Tp memory use and performance. Have some theories about this which we're going to test.
- Working on finishing up Q2 goals and defining Q3 goals; look for a post to dev.planning today.
- Other small things; see GFX meeting notes for more details.
- One potential ridealong: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=496684 Some Ogg files do not play
- Otherwise, people focused on 1.9.2 work
- What is the 1.9.2 schedule?
- Content Blockers: None!
- Work on HTML 5 parser
- No reports of webcompat problems.
- Actual parser changes being reviewed.
- Having perf problems on talos when parser is enabled.
- Slim wrappers
- Starting work on XBL2
- Have plan for attachment/detachment and insertion points here.
Mac OS X Update
- Josh working on Cocoa NPAPI drawing model.
- Steven Michaud working on various Mac OS X bugs.
Mobile 1.9.1 Update
- pushing FF3.5rc1build2 to mirrors; ready to start FF3.5rc1build3 when we get "go"
- changed tracemonkey talos slaves from dedicated to pool-of-talos-slaves
- started producing Fennec desktop builds today
- WinCE signing goal dropped while requirements being figured out.