« previous week | index | next week »
Notices / Schedule
- Firefox 3.0.12
- code frozen?
- released this morning! yay!
- currently serving downloads at similar rates to Firefox 3 release, no problem!
- blocking188.8.131.52 flag has been created
- requested an approval184.108.40.206 flag as well bug 501393
- goal of this release should be a quick-turnaround that:
- fixes topcrashes and bugs we almost held ship for: bug 427715, bug 499538, bug 500108, etc
- can be shipped to 3.5 users in mid-to-late july, so narrow scope, small change
- not sure if this will be Major Update offer version, or if that would be 3.5.2
- nominate similar sounding bugs!
Gecko 220.127.116.11 / Firefox 3.5.1
Browser / Front End
- moving on to TSnap bugs which aim to make Firefox observably faster
- some of us are working on WinCE compatibility issues
- also returning to polish bugs and exploratory sprints
- Reminder to review the Firefox.Next plan and add your comments/feedback on the discussion page or in the dev-apps-firefox thread
- Finished collecting our Q3 goals. Full list available on the wiki. Please let us know if we've missed anything. Highlights:
- Hardware acceleration.
- Multiprocess work.
- Cairo software performance.
- Cairo capabilities.
- Font system enhancements.
- Decode-on-draw for images.
- Windows integration work (mostly Win7).
- Not a lot to report, lots of ongoing work in the above areas. Highlights of that work:
- Pixman image scaling - better quality scaling. Trying to land soon.
- bug 753 in progress, chasing a few last bugs in the patch before going through more intensive testing & review.
- Decode-on-draw in initial stages of development.
- nsWindow refactoring landed.
- Compositor phase 1 patches up for review, trying to figure out who gets the reviews (roc)
- SMIL/CSS up for review (dholbert)
- Frame poisoning ready to land (zwol), investigating per-type freelists
- Harfbuzz work in progress, should land prototype on trunk in a few weeks (jfkthame)
- Opentype feature spec posted to CSS WG (jdaggett)
- Lots of gruesome font format discussions
- Transitions spec issues (dbaron)
- Reworking Ogg decoding (doublec)
- Ogg indexing (cpearce)
- Ogg fuzzing (mgregan)
- jemalloc issues (karlt)
- HTML5 parser landed! (preffed off -- about:config pref is "html5.enable")
- peterv's slimwrappers ready to land (modulo fixing an existing leak that was triggered by this work)
- bent got the test plugin to draw when running out of process.
- Lots of awesome plugin code simplification going on (Josh).
- LiveConnect removal patch up for review.
Mac OS X Update
- looked some at Google's Sputnik ES3 testsuite
- none of our existing failures are too serious
- some errors are codified in ES5
- a large number of existing failures can be tracked to giving native functions (those built into ES5 itself) .prototype
- many also due to reading all input as ASCII when Sputnik expects UTF-8, see bug 495790 and bug 501265, probably will switch to read input as UTF-8 for simplicity
- work on bugfixes probably not particularly high-priority, will keep an eye on things as UTF-8 and similar bugs are fixed to clear out the low-hanging fruit
Work progressing: phase I not quite finished. The project repository is almost populated, and a bug has been filed to get buildbot/tinderbox builds.
cjones working on IPC protocol layer.
Test plugin drawing from separate process on Windows.
Roundtable (both topics deferred to next week)
- triaging blocking nominations earlier in the cycle? (dbaron)
- getting regressions fixed when people still remember the code that caused them
- having a smaller pile at the end of the cycle
- keeping mozilla-central in more-shippable state
- Can we use a multi-state flag for blocking-1.9.2? Proposed states (bsmedberg):
- next alpha
- last alpha