« previous week | index | next week »
Notices / Schedule
Firefox 3.0.15 / Firefox 3.5.4
- Firefox 3.0.15: builds started
- Firefox 3.5.4: need one more fix, then we'll start builds
- Should reopen branches on Thursday or so for 3.0.16 and 3.5.5
- code freeze was supposed to be last night, now moved to Tuesday Oct 6 at 11:59pm PDT
- 31 P1 blockers showing as unresolved on 1.9.2
- only 10 of those do not have fixes on some branch (either mozilla-central or tracemonkey)
- the rest need to land on 1.9.2 immediately:
- all feature landings needed before b1 cutoff are complete:
- lightweight themes (done)
- about:support (done)
- js c types (done)
- plugin update referrals (done)
See more Firefox 3.6 related blocker queries, or learn about the new status and blocker flags
- Release Blockers (flag: blocking1.9.2 or blocking-firefox3.6)
- 124 OPEN (-19 w/w)
- 37 FIXED but not yet fixed on mozilla-1.9.2 (-39 w/w)
- 35 nominations (+18 w/w)
- Handy charts: Blocker snapshots, Blocker and Noms trends
- 74 requests (+2 w/w)
- 37 approved but not yet fixed on mozilla-1.9.2 (+6 w/w)
- Charts: Nominations snapshots
Browser / Front End
(Progress reports every weekend on Planet Firefox)
- see our active projects and get involved / propose others
- Namoroka/mozilla-1.9.2 front end development:
- plugin update referrals landed on branch and trunk
- work to reduce Places overhead landed on branch and trunk
- about:memory (see bug 515354) is approved to land on branch
- personas now works with www.getpersonas.com
- Firefox 3.6 b1 blockers:
- bug 474060 needs to land
- 0 beta blockers; 4 1.9.2 blockers
- Jeff landed a huge QCMS perf win from Steve Snyder in bug 512865. He's got a blog post upcoming.
- John got a big Mac Ts win from deferred font initialization in bug 517045.
- Bas Schouten is coming on board, and has already got some great work done on OpenGL accelerated full-screen video. bug 510057
- Lots of great news w.r.t. Windows 7 features - see Platform-specific features section below.
- 4 P1 blockers, all fixed on trunk (still analyzing regression from bug 509693, but can demote it to P2)
- 24 P2 blockers, at least 3 with patches
- low nomination rate
- Landed animation of CSS properties with SMIL/SVG Animation (dholbert)
- Landed doubly-linked frame lists (bzbarsky/mats)
- WOFF landed for 3.6 (jfkthame/jdaggett)
- Getting closer with Ogg decoder rewrite (doublec) --- seeks, plays chained Oggs
- Depending on how we perform on N900, may need new video/audio goals (or redeploy cpearce/kinetik)
- 1.9.2 beta1
- Working to get the last two remaining P1 blockers in today (bug 504862 and bug 517355)
- Got the JetPack security changes landed (mrbkap)
- Working on top-crashers
Platform-specific Support Update
- Win7 sdk rollout complete. (hat tip bhearsum!)
- Win7 taskbar preview patches (widget/browser) landed on trunk, 1.9.2 last night.
- Win7 progress patches (widget/browser) have final reviews, still need to land.
- Win7 jump list widget patch has final reviews, browser patch needs an sr.
- recursion landed for simple cases
Strange perf hit on a few mac (perf win on windows/linux) talos tests, investigating.
Highlights from the weekly update post, and work started this week:
- John Dagget's ~20% cold startup improvement and ~4% warm startup improvement on Mac in bug 517045 landed on branch.
- Taras Glek’s work on combining the different preference files has landed (bug 507288)
- Alfred Kayser’s patch to increase throughput of JAR file reading has landed (bug 510844).
- Ryan landed bug 475289 to lazily initialize the engineMetadataService for an expected 20ms win.
- Ben Hsieh got some stat() removal landed in bug 510991. He's got even more in bug 511761, just need bsmedberg review.
- I’m no longer able to reproduce the Windows cold startup regression from 3.5 to 3.6 reported in bug 517741. I turned off SuperFetch, which resulted in more stable numbers, but there was no visible regression, even in builds going back a couple of months. Juan tested on Windows XP and found the same. The current numbers show a 27-30% *improvement* in cold startup time on trunk, and up to 8% on 3.6.
Join us on IRC in #startup.
Nothing to report.
- Windowless plugins animating correctly (implement NPN_Invalidate*)
- karlt beginning to design asynchronous painting
- Remote canvas.drawWindow in final review. Yay!
- Now we need to get event handling back up to speed
- NPRuntime in final review
- bent working on Windows deadlocks
- We need a quiet time to land split-mochitests so we can iron out inter-test dependencies. Post-beta?
- Win7 SDK is deployed!
- Migrating 8 Tiger Talos machines to run Linux / Vista on Try Talos
- Turning off idle builds. We currently run a full set of builds and tests if nothing on a branch has changed in several hours. This ties up resources required for other branches.
- 1,774 landings last month, 37% jump over previous recorded highest
- year to date range: 1,018 to 1,295
- details here
Four bugs outstanding right now for Firebug.
- bug 520572 - funky window property js debugger bug
- bug 500128 - long js files have incorrect line numbers
- bug 520421 - need regression range
- bug 515051 - Stream listener registered in a network request channel eats JS error messages