Notices / Schedule
- shipped on Thursday
- thanks again to everyone who helped get that release out
- Code freeze is tonight at 11:59pm!
- 3.5.6: 6 patches need to land, 11 need patches
- 3.0.16: 6 patches need to land, 4 need patches
Firefox 3.6 Beta
- Released on Friday, Oct 30th
- over 250,000 daily users
- beta 2 refresh shipping today:
- next refresh hoping to come soon with DLL component directory lockdown & whitelist (bug 519357
Firefox 3.6 Release Candidate
- proposed code freeze November 18th (1 weeks)
- proposed release November 26th (Happy Thanksgiving)
- Release Blockers (flag: blocking1.9.2 or blocking-firefox3.6)
Browser / Front End
(Progress reports every weekend on Planet Firefox)
- see our active projects and get involved / propose others
- Namoroka/mozilla-1.9.2 front end development:
- 13 blockers (-5 w/w)
- Long poles right now are imagelib bugs (needs review from someone who knows imagelib) and a couple of Linux bugs (which have no patches yet).
- 5 nominations
- All annotated with should block/should not block in whiteboard; need a driver to make the final call.
- Jeff is starting work on one of our quarterly goals, a scrolling interactivity benchmark. You can follow along in bug 527728.
- Bas has built upon his DirectWrite font backend, bug 517642, with a Direct2D cairo backend, bug 527707.
- Direct2D is a hardware-accelerated, quite Cairo-like API for Windows 7/Windows Vista, and it interoperates with Direct3D too.
- The Direct2D backend depends on DirectWrite for fonts because GDI can't write to hardware-accelerated contexts.
- This will be our second hardware-accelerated Cairo backend, after the OpenGL/DirectDraw backend used on the Tegra devices.
- Along with DirectWrite, Microsoft has backported Direct2D to Windows Vista.
- Rob's still working on the bug reports that have resulted in us turning Aero Peek off in 3.6.
- Jim's got an initial, prototype patch for cross-process windowless plugins on Windows. bug 522299
- Mark's WebGL implementation still coming along well.
- One issue is that WebGL arrays are different from JS arrays, and that can cause perf issues. Mark's got some ideas.
- Blockers, topcrashes, electrolysis, performance.
- Blocker report
- 1 nom (which will not block)
- 7 Blockers:
- 1 only needs branch landing (bug 501627)
- 1 needs trunk and branch landing (bug 527306)
- 1 needs review (bug 522787)
- 1 has a patch, but maybe needs a better fix/to be reassigned (bug 525856)
- 2 are frame poisoning improvements and probably should not block IMHO (bug 507294, bug 522088)
- 1 is a crashkill bug that is still being researched, probably should not block IMHO (bug 492675)
- N900 arrived!
- [roc] failed to fix httpd.js GC issues, still no GC happening
- VMWare record and replay much improved, still working on automation to help with orange analysis
- Continuing the crashkill effort
- HTML5 parser update (hsivonen)
- async script loading for 1.9.2 (sicking)? (bug 503481)
Platform-specific Support Update
- Snapshot results for startup (and all other tests) are now available here.
- Data from Friday 11/6
- Once deployed to graphs.m.o (bug 527703), it'll be updated every 5 minutes.
- Latest weekly update is here.
- Taras and Joel have much more library IO data in bug 524202, and Joel is pushing forward with making the build more static in bug 525013.
- Ryan landed bug 507073, combining the two browser binary components that we ship into one.
- Peterv just landed bug 512645, removing the 10ms setTimeout wait in chrome.
|Windows TSF integration (1.9.2)||unscheduled||Jim Chen, roc|
|DNS Prefetching||unscheduled||Patrick McManus||Jesse, bz, reed(?), ctalbert|
|New system metrics (and media queries)||unscheduled||?||dbaron|
- necko: We're close to having child process create HTTP channel in parent.
- windows deadlocks gone.
- landing plugins on trunk blocker tracker: bug 523094
- Talos downtime Wednesday 8am-11am PST to:
- ideas for reducing try talos wait times
- out of space in colo; local master-and-slaves, other colos
- stop running try-talos twice per job.
- bug 524047 Power maintenance: all mobile devices will be off weekend.
- (vlad) tinderbox+pushlog broken on Windows -- anyone know how to fix? Also, it's become a pretty important part of our infrastructure; can we get some dev time for improvements etc.?
- (beltzner) power's going out this weekend - tree policy?