- Improve cold startup performance by 30% on windows and mac.
- Deliver out of process plugins for windows.
- Deliver SVG Animations.
- Kill security bugs to under 30 again.
- Reduce crashes to at least parity with pre-3.5.
- ARM Support
- Add testing infrastructure.
- Implement crash reporting
- Release Firefox 3.6.
- Performance: specifically, responsiveness.
- Create an automated responsiveness/interactivity benchmark.
- Improve Gecko/Firefox's score on that benchmark substantially (at least 25%).
- Support and/or participate in the startup time work being done by the Firefox group.
- Participate in the Electrolysis project by adding support for windowless plugins on Windows.
- Address any Win7 compatibility issues that show up
- Improve the Web platform by contributing to tests and specifications
- Publish CSS3 Selectors as CR [fantasai] (done) (backgrounds and borders CR done)
- Ongoing development of reftest infrastructure for the W3C [fantasai, jwatt] (missed)
- Improve the Web platform by implementing key features
- Land Harfbuzz prototype integration in tree (allows for richer typographic control, also lays groundwork for performance improvements) [jfkthame] (mostly done, will miss landing)
Implement calc() (Web platform) [dbaron]Probably insufficient dbaron resources due to crashkill etc (missed)
- Support CSS transitions/SVG animation on nearly all CSS values (browser parity) [dbaron, dholbert] (done)
- Enable SVG Animation with shippable feature set (near-complete CSS property coverage, near-complete SVG attribute coverage, but not necessarily syncbase timing) (Acid3, browser parity) [dholbert, birtles, jwatt] (pathlist and lengthlist done this quarter, finishing off next quarter)
- Improve perceived and measured performance
- CSS scanner performance analysis and improvements (performance) [zwol] (delayed due to security work) (? maybe a patch end of next week)
- Implement some kind of lazy frame construction [?] (tnikkel)
Compositor phase 2 --- paint and animation control (performance, also add JS animation API to the platform) [roc]Delayed in favour of layers work
- Implement core layers infrastructure to allow for hardware and multithreaded acceleration [roc] (on track)
- Improve core code architecture to improve stability/performance and reduce cost of future enhancements
- Simplify frame destruction [fantasai] (waiting for review)
- General product improvement
- fix scroll position restoration and maintenance (bugs 43114 / 103279) [dbaron] (crashkill victim, also blocked on scroll refactoring)
- Video on ARM - Theora, 15fps on N900 full-screen [at risk due to hardware unavailability]
- Remove dependency on libfishsound, liboggz, and liboggplay [doublec]
Experimental implementation of accelerated full-screen video using cairo-gl [kinetik]Obsolete due to layers plan
Mac OS X
- Resolve Mac OS X Java situation for Firefox 3.6.
- Fix any major regressions in 64-bit Mac OS X builds.
- Complete initial performance analysis of 64-bit Mac OS X builds. Should include comparison with 32-bit builds on 10.6 for major benchmarks.
- Fix all known regresssions in Cocoa NPAPI, make it ready to ship.
- Move the web forward by implementing more of HTML5
- Get our HTML5 history API landed
- Finish the off main thread parsing work
- Speculative loading with the HTML5 parser
- Evaluate what parts, if any, of HTML5 to implement next
- Rewrite session history to be more like what's specified in HTML5
- Implement JPW (cross process JS wrappers)
- Get HTTP GET working over IPC
- Propose a cross process event handling plan
- Improve performance
- Non-blocking cache writes for page load landed
- Staying on trace through same origin XOWs
- Remove the XBL1 CSS based binding mechanism for non-displayed DOM nodes
- Use our (almost) lock-free data structures for our main event queue
- Optimize DOM child storage for performance
- Minimize XPConnect wrapper morphing and the number of XPCOM tearoffs we create from JS
- Improve DOM event handling performance
- Move the plugin API forward
- Complete implementation
- trace more complex recursion
- trace switch-statement style emulators
- continue sunspider improvements (within 20% of Chrome 3 on Windows Vista)
- improve v8 benchmark performance substantially (at least 2x vs. Oct1 trunk)
- jsval 64-bit representation
- Continue GC redesign
- GC perf tests
- Spec and implement a JS-facing API for handling pointers, structs, and arrays.
- Event handling performance implementation (for DHTML)
- Code reorganization
- Implementation of throttling and/or delayed computation and/or smarter caching
- Fix keyboard support for HTML5 contentEditable
- Add accessibility support for HTML controls inside of a contentEditable
- Polish table/grid/treegrid accessibility
- issues with some existing complex DHTML tables (e.g. dojo)
- vendor reported issues
- Shippable multi-process Flash, windowed and windowless on Windows (and Linux)
- Complete necko API revisions necessary to support multi-process networking
- Usable prototype of Fennec running multi-process on Linux
- Usable prototype of multi-process Flash on Mac OSX 10.6 (has external dependencies)
- Completed gecko API changes necessary for multi-process session history and link targeting