Notices / Schedule
DOWNTIME IN PROGRESS NOW before possible respin
- Firefox 3.6.4
- Went out last Tuesday, yay!
- Too early for specific metrics yet (and we have been messing with throttling). OOPP looks good so far though (no worse than 3.6.3 at the very least)
- Firefox 3.6.6 (where's 3.6.5?)
- Quick chemspill release to increase the OOPP hang detector timeout (ONLY bug 574905)
- Created late Friday night, went out Saturday
- Thanks to everyone that gave up 1/2 their weekend
- Firefox 3.6.7 and 3.5.11
- Any 126.96.36.199 approvals are now implicitly for 188.8.131.52
- Codefreeze was Friday
- Schedule is really tight with holidays, summit, and BlackHat
Firefox 3.6.7 and 3.5.11
- Codefreeze was Friday
- Still have too many open blockers
- Most are security fixes we need to fix them on branches before BlackHat (end of July)
- Only taking blockers at this time, and we need to get them all in TODAY.
Firefox 4 Beta
- Beta 1 candidate builds available on FTP
- there are a couple of new beta 1 blockers which require a respin, so build2 on its way
- time to start working on beta2 blockers, everyone!
- QA wants us to work with everyone to manage large invasive landings so that we get testing before they hit mozilla-central
Browser / Front End
Team's been chasing down bugs for the beta, and now cranking on beta 2.
Fix those branch blockers!
- D2D antialiased clipping is about to land
- Some basic D3D9 layer retention is ready to go
- Retained layers (bug 564991)
- Passes tests
- Still being reviewed ... ETA "this week"
- Karl still mopping up X/Flash issues
- Units changes (bug 537890)
- New patches up
- Adds "mozmm" physical unit
- Waiting for review
- Importing Chromium combined video scaling+YUV-conversion code
- faster, works well, fits nicely into our layers framework
- Enabled JS inside of IFRAMEs in editors to allow anti-clickjacking scripts to work (bug 519928)
- Temporary fix; ultimately we want to enable script in all editable content and let authors use sandboxed iframes to selectively disable script
- So, need sandboxed iframes
- WebSockets and IndexedDB are in the tree and everyone is doing well
- Speculative parser regression test harness now functional, in releng's hands now (bnewman)
- Multi process Jetpack API in mozilla-central (bnewman)
- DOM code deAgnostification has started bug 575431 (mrbkap)
Platform-specific Support Update
- Object.getOwnPropertyNames (get array of all properties directly on an object) patch up, being reviewed
- Object.preventExtensions/isExtensible also in good shape, some tiptoeing with another major patch also in flight
- JSAPI requirements changes
- new enumeration hook will take a new op, JSENUMERATE_INIT_ALL, to iterate over all properties (not just enumerable ones)
- old enumeration style must now also resolve into place non-enumerable properties in addition to enumerable ones
- object ops will grow a function for some of this stuff, still in progress
- e10s branch will merge today
- multiprocess tabs on fennec
- static-xpcom-registration will land tomorrow, probably.
- killing EM-restart soon after in a separate landing
- Mobile build coverage on project branches?
- android, maemo4, maemo5gtk, maemo5qt, desktop-pseudo-mobile
- already have on tracemonkey and electrolysis
- anyone else - and please be careful of infrastructure load
- Windows 7 unit tests
- current filed oranges - bug 562489
- only 4 test suites are perma-oranges (TODO file bugs for each)
- reftests-d2d are running but Jeff says that it should not be GREEN! (we will loan him a machine to help him figure what's going on)
- Downtime in progress bug 575307
- Powering off TB2 machines, which are the last cvs machines!
- Propose a format change for this meeting (damons): Instead of going group by group and asking for any updates, how about talking about specific progress on goals for this quarter: https://wiki.mozilla.org/Platform/2010-Q3-Goals ?