Notices / Schedule
Firefox 4 Beta
- still waiting on code freeze for beta 7 (see blocker report)
- will be doing triage again at the end of this meeting
- roundtable discussion to be held on whether or not to keep tree closed
Firefox 3.6.11 and 3.5.14
- Code freeze is tonight @ 11:59 pm PDT
- Still have too many blockers (see blocker section)
- Will be deferring anything < sgcrit and not a recent regression
- Will be looking for overlap between FF4beta7 blockers and branch blockers
- Will be bugging people, especially if they have bugs that have patches on m-c
Firefox 4 Beta
- a handy list of triage queries is available for all!
Firefox 3.6.11 and 3.5.14
Q3 Goals Redux:
- [DONE] Feature complete Firefox 4
- [AT RISK] Dirty profile startup within 20% of clean profile
- [MISSED] API-Complete, E10s-aware Jetpack
Q4 Goals Preview:
- [NEW] Finish Firefox 4 (0 Firefox/Toolkit blockers)
- [CARRY OVER] API-Complete Jetpack
- [NEW] Stand up basic Firefox with Electrolysis
- [NEW] Finish Firefox 4 developer tools (0 blocking developer tools bugs)
- [NEW] Ensure that Firefox 4 ships with a compatible version of Firebug
- [NEW] Publish a roadmap for integrated developer tools in Firefox, including console, inspection, and js debugging
- [NEW] Develop long term plan for Skywriter maintenance/support
(there is a team-by-team goals breakdown, as well)
- [DONE] Hardware acceleration of video and other HTML and SVG content, as well as user interface, on by default for compatible hardware on all Tier-1 desktop and mobile platforms.
- [DONE] Fully support the WebGL 1.0 spec, with support turned on by default in a Firefox 4 beta on platforms that support OpenGL or OpenGL ES.
- [MISSED] security: zero reproducible high/crit > 30 days
- [DONE] Support multi-process Fennec.
- [DONE] Support Jetpacks running in separate processes and never blocking the Fennec UI. NOTE: jetpack team hasn't actually integrated this code yet, but it works in small test environments.
- Proposal: Let OpenGL be turned on on Mac for Beta 7 despite talos regressions.
- Data: ~90 ms Ts regression that is very hard to impossible to work around (we can't do it asynchronously on a different thread). Proposal: Deal with it in the same way we're dealing with Direct3D 9 Ts regressions, by putting *other* things on a different startup thread.
- ~6% Tp4 regression (down from ~10%). Proposal: Let it in for now and do everything we can to get it back down.
- Reasons this is probably OK:
- We expect this to provide a lot of benefit for some currently quite slow pages.
- We need more testing for this to be in a position to be releasable for b7.
- It's just a switch - we can turn it back off.
- Don't release OpenGL support on Mac with Firefox 4.
- Allow it in post-b7.
- Resolution: Let OpenGL in on OS X for nightlies, and reconvene before beta 7 final to decide if we should keep it on for the beta.
- Joe to announce this decision as well as talking about the benefits of accelerated layers using OpenGL.
- people working on blockers
- as of 6:45pm Monday, 169 total blockers (includes layout, editor, widget, audio/video), including 25 ready to land, 14 waiting for review
Content (aka Compartments this week)
- Got through ~90% of Mochitest and identified a couple of wide impact issues
- window.location prototype patch on hand, needs integrating.
- Method JIT blockers coming along. Blocked on OS X 10.5.8 build following merge from mozilla-central change to build configuration.
- New colo now online
- Moving test machines should be invisible to developers. Slight hit to capacity as machines are in transit.
- Start bringing more fast builders online in new colo.
- no downtimes needed
- OSX universal builds - nightly updates disabled, pending fixes from Josh. bug 571367
- gcc-4.5 switchover (take 3!)
- Ready to try switching over again, has been attempted on try and Taras says there are no unexpected test failures.
- [beltzner] mozilla-central tree status
- proposal A: tag and branch for beta7 now or soon, re-open mozilla-central to blockers, dual-land remaining 32 bugs. No builds-on-checkin on RELBRANCH.
- proposal B: keep mozilla-central closed to blockers and topcrash fixes only
- proposal C: keep mozilla-central closed to blockers, topcrash fixes only, use cedar/maple for beta8/beta+ fixes.
- background: bugs waiting to land. Either of keyword:checkin-needed or whiteboard:[can land] will get you added.
- [Tomcat] Stability Report
- Chofmann's list : http://people.mozilla.com/~chofmann/crash-stats/20100927/signature-ranking-4.0b7pre.txt
- QA (Marcia, Chofmann and me) is making sure we have bugs on file for topcrashes
- Triage beta 7 blockers (sort by ID)