Notices / Schedule
Firefox 3.6.13 and 3.5.16
- Created build #2 today, with a fix for bug 614565
- Still plan to release on December 9th
Firefox 4 Beta
Blocker report for Firefox 4.0.beta8 (as of 2010-11-30 11:03:00.963342-08:00) Overview ---------------------------------------------- 4.0.beta8 blocking: 188 fixed: 164 open: 24 Open Blocker Assignees ---------------------------------------------- Philipp von Weitershausen [:philikon]: 6 ++++++ Blake Kaplan (:mrbkap): 2 ++ Michael Morgan [:morgamic]: 2 ++ Andreas Gal :gal: 2 ++ Nobody; OK to take it and work on it: 2 ++ Josh Aas (Mozilla Corporation): 1 + email@example.com: 1 + Axel Hecht [:Pike]: 1 + Jason Orendorff: 1 + Chris Leary [:cdleary]: 1 + Ehsan Akhgari [:ehsan]: 1 + Myk Melez [:myk]: 1 + Jason Duell (:jduell): 1 + firstname.lastname@example.org: 1 + Wesley Johnston (:wesj): 1 +
(from our goals):
- [AT RISK] Finish Firefox 4
- [ON TRACK] API-Complete Jetpack
- Joint with Jetpack team
- Currently working towards feature-complete beta SDK
- [ON TRACK] Stand up basic Firefox with Electrolysis
- Joint with Platform
- UI may not be functional, should launch and open a web page.
- Project tracking page
- [NEW] Finish Firefox 4 developer tools
- [NEW] Ensure that Firefox 4 ships with a compatible version of Firebug
- [NEW] Publish a roadmap for integrated developer tools in Firefox, including console, inspection, and js debugging
- [NEW] Develop long term plan for Skywriter maintenance/support
(there is a team-by-team goals breakdown, as well)
- [DONE] Hardware acceleration of video and other HTML and SVG content, as well as user interface, on by default for compatible hardware on all Tier-1 desktop and mobile platforms.
- [DONE] Fully support the WebGL 1.0 spec, with support turned on by default in a Firefox 4 beta on platforms that support OpenGL or OpenGL ES.
- [MISSED] security: zero reproducible high/crit > 30 days
- [DONE] Support multi-process Fennec.
- [DONE] Support Jetpacks running in separate processes and never blocking the Fennec UI. NOTE: jetpack team hasn't actually integrated this code yet, but it works in small test environments.
- 123 betaN, final, and Fennec blockers
- OpenGL composited layers on Fennec update (jrmuizel)
- Sort of usable now, patches need to be finished before they can land though.
- Performance work still to be done.
- Blocker count slowly dropping, now 108
- Many bug fixes in hand
- Lots of editor/contenteditable fixes have landed (ehsan)
- Google Docs features that were disabled for Firefox (spreadsheet formula syntax highlighting) will be enabled for Firefox 4
- Infallible malloc (added to agenda by Jesse)
- We talked about this for 10 minutes but decided it need its own meeting, Platform/InfallibleMalloc. Notes have been moved to that meeting's page.
- Crash Update
- Crashes on trunk down considerably - ~5/100 active users.
- In pretty good shape for Beta8
- Any stability risks in remaining beta8 blockers we should be aware of?
- Don't forget to file bugs when you see problems in nightlies.