« previous week | index | next week »
Notices / Schedule
- Beta 8 looks great! Thanks everyone
- Plan to do a quick, date-driven beta 9 (for reals this time)
- Plan to code freeze this Friday, 2011-01-07
- Weekend will hopefully shake any issues out
- Branch and build on Monday, 2011-01-10 if no major issues are found
- If issues are found, day-for-day slip on the builds
- Release to beta audience on Thursday, 2011-01-13
- If anyone has a problem with this plan, please speak up now or send an email to release-drivers later
Firefox 3.6.14 and 3.5.17
- Slight change to the schedule. Splitting up blocker and non-blocker freeze dates
- Code freeze for non-blockers is now 2011-01-11 (1 week away)
- Code freeze for blockers is still 2011-01-17 (2 weeks away)
Firefox 4 Beta
- blocking: 136
- fixed: 83
- open: 53
- blocking: 1427
- fixed: 1170
- open: 257
- blocking: 1315
- fixed: 1124
- open: 191
(from our goals):
- [AT RISK] Finish Firefox 4
- [ON TRACK] API-Complete Jetpack
- Joint with Jetpack team
- Currently working towards feature-complete beta SDK
- [ON TRACK] Stand up basic Firefox with Electrolysis
- Joint with Platform
- UI may not be functional, should launch and open a web page.
- Project tracking page
- [NEW] Finish Firefox 4 developer tools
- [NEW] Ensure that Firefox 4 ships with a compatible version of Firebug
- [NEW] Publish a roadmap for integrated developer tools in Firefox, including console, inspection, and js debugging
- [NEW] Develop long term plan for Skywriter maintenance/support
(there is a team-by-team goals breakdown, as well)
- [DONE] Hardware acceleration of video and other HTML and SVG content, as well as user interface, on by default for compatible hardware on all Tier-1 desktop and mobile platforms.
- [DONE] Fully support the WebGL 1.0 spec, with support turned on by default in a Firefox 4 beta on platforms that support OpenGL or OpenGL ES.
- [MISSED] security: zero reproducible high/crit > 30 days
- [DONE] Support multi-process Fennec.
- [DONE] Support Jetpacks running in separate processes and never blocking the Fennec UI. NOTE: jetpack team hasn't actually integrated this code yet, but it works in small test environments.
- 34 blockers, 0 beta9
- Preliminary support for hardware-accelerated ClearType (subpixel anti-aliased text) has landed.
- Currently only works for Direct3D 9, which is incompatible with Direct2D.
- Pending work enables it for Direct3D 10 and OpenGL (Mac).
- Net of this: much less frequent jaggy/gross looking text.
- Video Driver Black/Whitelisting project
- Down to 60 blockers
- No beta9 blockers
- Finally got tegras up *and staying up*
- 17% drop in #checkins during the prolonged b7, b8 lockdown. For details, see  and 
- expecting a lot of checkins this week (post vacation!)
- Compartmental GC and beta 9?
- Don't think it's on TM yet but generally done
- We need a realistic assessment if we expect it in
- Wouldn't hold beta 9 for it
- CRASH REPORT
- Beta 8
- Looks good ~ 2 crashes per 100 users
- #1 crash - increase in js::mjit::EnterMethodJIT(JSContext*, JSStackFrame*, void*, js::Value*) signature.
- #2 crash - new signature https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=620984
- Spike in crashes before x-mas but now back to reasonable level.
- #1 crash - old signature gfxContext::gfxContext(gfxASurface*) appearing again.
- QA logging some new regressions.
- 9 nominations to triage - http://bit.ly/h4lIaA
- Beta 8