« previous week | index | next week »
Notices / Schedule
- 22 non-blocklist bugs without patches (out of 51 open) that remain to be fixed to get to RC.
- 91 non-blockers being fixed in the past seven days, and 84 actual blockers fixed.
- 22 hardblockers remaining without patches.
400-500 bugs fixed since February 3. This level of churn is too high to reach stability, so we need to focus more on hard blockers.
Firefox 3.6.14 and 3.5.17
- Still on hold while we investigate bug 633869
- Looks like people have mismatched bits / frankeninstalls
- Thanks to blake and chris for investigating from the JS side yesterday
- Adobe really wants us to release as they are worried one of the fixes will become a 0 day
Firefox 3.6.15 and 3.5.18
- Waiting to send draft schedule until 3.6.14/3.5.17 is resolved
Firefox 4 Beta
- Of 92 total hardblockers, only 4 remain, with 1 of those being beta hard blockers.
- 5 hardblockers, 3 block beta
- 3 hardblockers, no betaN blockers
- Mac perf issues bounced pretty hard, but looks like we know what's going on
- Background painting looks like it might be ready to land, but there are perhaps perf regressions on the order of 1-5% Tp... kinda hard to tell from tryserver runs.
- Microsoft released the Silverlight update adding Mac Firefox 4 support.
- 8 betaN hardblockers left
- 2 are about async windowless plugin drawing
- 2 are GC safety and scheduling related
- 1 is a java crash
- 1 is a Mac flash performance problem
- 1 is landed in tracemonkey, waiting for a merge
- In this meeting, future downtimes will be one-line announcements only. Watch dev.planning and dev.tree-management newsgroups for details.
- Linux rollout. Changing Linux screen resolution, details in bug 633019. Happening on Thursday morning, most probably, depending on betas/respins.
- 1.8 million users - crash rate of 2.2 crashes per 100 ADU
- topcrash #4 fixed - https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=630193
- topcrash #10 fixed - https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=631499
- topcrash #5 - diagnostic patch - https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=626768
- Need to get Beta feedback on these as soon as possible.
- A few new regressions - relatively low volume.
- Issues are getting looked at quickly.
- Firefox 4 daily Endgame Driver Meeting - Every weekday at 11:30AM PST: Triage the noms, review and push on each and every hard blocker, and give approvals the required attention to prevent regressions.