Notices / Schedule
- Next week, this agenda will be done on Monday. That means we won't be adding to it five minutes before (or during!) the meeting.
- The mozilla-aurora → mozilla-beta merge has been completed successfully
- Waiting for the l10n repos to be copied (see bug 657417) before sending the all clear
- There is now 1 week of idle time on mozilla-aurora due to the schedule differences between Firefox 5 and Firefox 6
- Next Tuesday, May 24th is the mozilla-central → mozilla-aurora source merge
- This means fixes need to be in mozilla-central by May 23rd @ 11:59 PM PDT to guarantee they will ship in Firefox 6 (pending backouts and pref offs of course)
- Please note the difference between merge dates and update availability
- Ongoing discussion on tree checkins and build bustage in mozilla.dev.planning.
(no updates today)
- Benoit Girard (BenWa) has joined us full-time! To start, he's working on asynchronous plugin drawing on Mac OS X.
- Joe is looking for suggestions for projects for graphics interns to do. If you've got graphics tasks that you'd like done, interns are a great resource!
- Nothing to report for GLES layers, mostly due to WebGL security issues (e.g. bug 656277).
Debugger (Jim Blandy, Dave Camp, Jason Orendorff)
- Low-level, synchronous Debug object API for single-threaded and in-process debugging, a replacement for JSD. bug 636907), jsdbg2 repository.
- High-level, asynchronous remote debugging protocol for in-process or out-of-process, single-thread or multithreaded debugging. remote-debug repo.
- In-browser debugger using the high-level protocol.
jorendb, the world's dumbest JS debugger: http://pastebin.com/Xn1f54sJ
Milestone 1 is next Friday. It will be very basic: "stop at a debugger statement, view the stack, show the source".
- Nothing to share
- Networking is now its own group led by Josh Aas. Members are Brian Smith, Jason Duell, Nick Hurley, Honza Bambas, Bjarne Herland, Michal Novotny, and Patrick McManus.
- Improving testing capabilities is a top priority.
- Looking into additional testing for things like high latency connections and certain forms of packet loss.
- Looking into making use of Telemetry.
- Working on mobile disk cache.
- Fixing a number of IPv6 bugs in preparation for World IPv6 Day.
- Starting SPDY implementation soon.
- need a 1-2 hour tree closure so Ops and RelEng can clean up some extremely crufty DNS zone files. How about early Monday morning Pacific time? See bug 646126.
- Crash rate on the trunk is slightly higher than 1 week before the last cutover to Aurora.
- Not surprising since we probably have more changes.
- Top crashes
- Bug 656354 - nsDocShell::SetDocCurrentStateObj(nsISHEntry*). Not new but rising quickly. Review pending.
- Bug 648022 - Fixed on Aurora but not on trunk.
- Bug 653296 - Not new but on the rise.
- Bug 657292 - Some activity on it.
- Bug 657418 - Few crashes until 05/14/2011 when all of a sudden we went to about 30+ a day.