« previous week | index | next week »
Platform Meeting Details
- Tuesdays - 11:00 am Pacific
- Warp Core Vidyo Room
- 650-903-0800 x92 Conf# 95312 (US/INTL)
- 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 95312 (US)
- join irc.mozilla.org #planning for back channel
VS 2010 Switch
Notices / Schedule
QA has found a reliable reproduction to Top Crasher #11 on Mac. Bill McCloskey is currently attempting to catch the issue in a debugger to characterize the problem.
Firefox Developer Tools
- Holy crap Tilt landed!
- Snappy - last week's summary
- Slow (>100ms) SQL telemetry landed in Thursday’s nightly
- The GFX team has a working build with Off-Main-Thread-Composition on Mac. This is a step towards improving responsiveness.
- Feature page for more info: https://wiki.mozilla.org/Platform/GFX/OffMainThreadCompositing
- text-overflow changes landed on trunk to improve Web compatibility. Will need to consider uplifting to beta after the merge. Fixes roundcube webmail.
- Bug 511909. Allow @-rules to nest when parsing CSS.
- Bug 704706 SVG crasher
- Bug 703861 - hyphenation fixes
- Discussed on dev.platform ways to deploy Opus as a format for <audio>. Reaching out to other browser vendors (Microsoft) to see if we can get buy-in for Opus in a WebM/MKV container as a universal audio codec. If we can, we'll do it, otherwise we probably won't.
- WebSMS for android will be landing very soon.
- Starting to look at bluetooth
- IndexedDB progress, all in FF11
- File and Blobs can be stored in database
- More! We're basically feature complete!
- Mad props to Jan Varga and Ben Turner who's pulled several late nights to get all this in for FF11
- Websockets updated to final draft of IETF and W3C specs. We've unprefixed MozWebSocket -> WebSocket on aurora, so are on track to ship unprefixed in FF 11.
- Still have some more work to support large blobs/messages more efficiently.
- Mobile will be landing more than usual patches to Aurora, including some string changes
- Mobile Aurora will be updating to Native UI. Tablet users might want to move to Beta.
- Firefox 9 has been submitted to the Amazon AppStore.
- Mobile Test Driver program has been very successful in dogfooding the Native UI.
- 75 new tegras coming online today (we currently have 135 active)
|Date / Time||Item|
|Thu Dec 22 / 10:00 PST||ThunderBird Big Files|
|Fri Dec 23 / 10:00 PST||HOLIDAY|
General Meeting Details * IRC Channel: #security * Etherpad: https://etherpad.mozilla.org/secreview * Dial-in Info: ** In office or soft phone: extension 92 ** US/INTL: 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 then extension 92 ** Toronto: 416-848-3114 then extension 92 ** Toll-free: 800-707-2533 then password 369 ** Conference num 624
- Crashes weren't showing up
- bug 711545 - go to about:crashes, the crashes weren't showing (collector went down).
- bug 711565 - incoming crashes to the collector.
- All crashes were collected, it's a network issue between the collector and HBase
- Need to get all the orphaned crashes processed.
- Waiting on IT for this
- Admin UI caching issue
- bug 707991 - the admin UI caching problem.
- bug 712079 - Laura logged this bug to address the issue.
- Will be fixed this week. Regression from a performance improvement we recently shipped (more aggressive caching)
- bug 711767 - Mobile top crash reports not showing up. Got pushed yesterday (22.214.171.124)
- Caused by incorrect escaping of characters in a new signature. Fixed by doing scheduled rewrite of this now.
- Separate reporting for Fennec and FennecAndroid builds should ship this week (2.3.5)
- bug 711794 - Mac related startup crash appeared on b6. Marcia has been able to reproduce this with the Nectak toolbar.
- Going to get Socorro team to run a custom correlation report to determine how prevalent this toolbar is.
- bug 711900 - GC hang issue with FF10.
- bug 711656
- bug 711564 - Mac specific to 10.5
- bug 710922
- bug 710940
- Haven't had great visibility around mobile crashes due to bug 711767 - should have been fixed yesterday.
- Top crashes broken up by app id - fix to be deployed on Wed.
- Most crashes relate to changing orientations and paning/scrolling.
- bug 711852
- bug 711853
- bug 706704 - Issue with ADUs that should have been resolved.
- bug 670930
- bug 711687
- Enabling a bunch of stuff that will be highly dependent HW. Might see some spikes in signatures.
- Next meeting