From MozillaWiki
Jump to: navigation, search

« previous week | index | next week »

Platform Meeting Details

  • Tuesdays - 11:00 am Pacific
  • Warp Core Vidyo Room
  • 650-903-0800 x92 Conf# 95312 (US/INTL)
  • 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 95312 (US)
  • join #planning for back channel

VS 2010 Switch

Notices / Schedule

QA has found a reliable reproduction to Top Crasher #11 on Mac. Bill McCloskey is currently attempting to catch the issue in a debugger to characterize the problem.

Firefox Development

Firefox Developer Tools

  • Holy crap Tilt landed!





  • text-overflow changes landed on trunk to improve Web compatibility. Will need to consider uplifting to beta after the merge. Fixes roundcube webmail.
  • Bug 511909. Allow @-rules to nest when parsing CSS.
  • Bug 704706 SVG crasher
  • Bug 703861 - hyphenation fixes


  • Discussed on dev.platform ways to deploy Opus as a format for <audio>. Reaching out to other browser vendors (Microsoft) to see if we can get buy-in for Opus in a WebM/MKV container as a universal audio codec. If we can, we'll do it, otherwise we probably won't.



  • WebSMS for android will be landing very soon.
  • Starting to look at bluetooth
  • IndexedDB progress, all in FF11
    • File and Blobs can be stored in database
    • Arrays-as-keys
    • More! We're basically feature complete!
    • Mad props to Jan Varga and Ben Turner who's pulled several late nights to get all this in for FF11


  • Websockets updated to final draft of IETF and W3C specs. We've unprefixed MozWebSocket -> WebSocket on aurora, so are on track to ship unprefixed in FF 11.
    • Still have some more work to support large blobs/messages more efficiently.



  • Mobile will be landing more than usual patches to Aurora, including some string changes
  • Mobile Aurora will be updating to Native UI. Tablet users might want to move to Beta.
  • Firefox 9 has been submitted to the Amazon AppStore.
  • Mobile Test Driver program has been very successful in dogfooding the Native UI.


Tree Management

  • 75 new tegras coming online today (we currently have 135 active)


Date / Time Item
Thu Dec 22 / 10:00 PST ThunderBird Big Files
Fri Dec 23 / 10:00 PST HOLIDAY

Calendar and Meeting details

General Meeting Details
* IRC Channel: #security
* Etherpad:
* Dial-in Info:
** In office or soft phone: extension 92
** US/INTL: 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 then extension 92
** Toronto: 416-848-3114 then extension 92
** Toll-free: 800-707-2533 then password 369
** Conference num 624

Stability Report


  • Crashes weren't showing up
    • bug 711545 - go to about:crashes, the crashes weren't showing (collector went down).
    • bug 711565 - incoming crashes to the collector.
      • All crashes were collected, it's a network issue between the collector and HBase
    • Need to get all the orphaned crashes processed.
      • Waiting on IT for this
  • Admin UI caching issue
    • bug 707991 - the admin UI caching problem.
    • bug 712079 - Laura logged this bug to address the issue.
      • Will be fixed this week. Regression from a performance improvement we recently shipped (more aggressive caching)
  • bug 711767 - Mobile top crash reports not showing up. Got pushed yesterday (
    • Caused by incorrect escaping of characters in a new signature. Fixed by doing scheduled rewrite of this now.
  • Separate reporting for Fennec and FennecAndroid builds should ship this week (2.3.5)


  • Beta
    • bug 711794 - Mac related startup crash appeared on b6. Marcia has been able to reproduce this with the Nectak toolbar.
    • Going to get Socorro team to run a custom correlation report to determine how prevalent this toolbar is.


  • Haven't had great visibility around mobile crashes due to bug 711767 - should have been fixed yesterday.
  • Top crashes broken up by app id - fix to be deployed on Wed.
  • Most crashes relate to changing orientations and paning/scrolling.
  • bug 711852
  • bug 711853
  • bug 706704 - Issue with ADUs that should have been resolved.
  • bug 670930
  • bug 711687
  • Enabling a bunch of stuff that will be highly dependent HW. Might see some spikes in signatures.


  • Next meeting