Platform Meeting Details
- Tuesdays - 11:00 am Pacific
- Warp Core Vidyo Room
- 650-903-0800 x92 Conf# 95312 (US/INTL)
- 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 95312 (US)
- join irc.mozilla.org #planning for back channel
Notices / Schedule
- Firefox 10 beta 2 went out to the beta channel last Friday
- Thanks to QA and RelEng to sliding it in there between holidays. Awesome work!
- We're still tracking issues for a possible 9.0.2
- You can see them @ https://wiki.mozilla.org/Releases/Firefox_9/RRRT
- Note we are doing a staggered / slow rollout
- We were manual-update only initially. This is why < 3 million people got 9.0 instead of 9.0.1
- We unthrottled automatic updates for the past week (only offering to 10% of Fx checking for updates)
- Now that we are at ~15 million 9.0.1 users we have turned off automatic updates again for a bit to look at data
- If you see any news articles about slow Firefox 9 uptake, please email press or release-drivers so we can let the author know what is really going on
- Probably going to do something similar for releases in the future as well, more details will be sent to release-drivers
- We aren't in the Amazon Appstore anymore, and we missed the holiday season for the Kindle Fire (boo). Details are in bug 713777
- Next source migration is 2012-01-31
- No update this week, but check it out:
Firefox Developer Tools
- FYI: infra load for april-december 2011: http://oduinn.com/blog/2012/01/03/infrastructure-load-for-april-december-2011
- peak of 184 checkins per day!
- none scheduled this week (yet)
- please check the radar for review needed (https://wiki.mozilla.org/Security/Radar#Review_Needed) and take advantage of our availability!
- 2.4 going out next week.
- bug 537003 - Fix all timestamps to be timezone aware.
- bug 637596 - top crash on trunk over the past 3 days. Not a new one.
- bug 611810 - several bugs with this signature. Not a new crash either but high in volume on trunk ie: 174 on 12.0a1 and 8 on 9.0.1. Startup crash.
- bug 713140 - New regression found 12/22.
- bug 703133 - New regression appeared in 11. Reproducible - still not fixed.
- bug 712277 - New regression logged 12/20.
- bug 714320 - explosive crash on b2. Needs to be assigned. Over 11K crashes in the past week.
- Last crash report for Fennec - https://wiki.mozilla.org/QA/Fennec/crash_rep_26Dec2011.