Platform Meeting Details
- Tuesdays - 11:00 am Pacific
- Warp Core Vidyo Room
- 650-903-0800 x92 Conf# 95312 (US/INTL)
- 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 95312 (US)
- join irc.mozilla.org #planning for back channel
- 1 Notices / Schedule
- 2 Firefox Development
- 3 Firefox Developer Tools
- 4 Performance
- 5 GFX
- 6 JS
- 7 Layout
- 8 Video
- 9 DOM
- 10 WebAPI
- 11 Network
- 12 Plugins
- 13 Mobile
- 14 Accessibility
- 15 Tree Management
- 16 Security
- 17 Stability Report
- 18 Roundtable
Notices / Schedule
- Our build of Firefox 10 beta 5 will be cut this evening (2012-01-17)
- Our informal Firefox 9 post-mortem is tomorrow (2012-01-18) at 10AM PT in Warp Core
- We'll be pushing out a FF3.6.25->FF9.0.1 advertised update tomorrow (2012-01-18) afternoon
- Add-on hotfix testing with our beta population coming this week (hopefully 2012-01-18 if QA verification works out)
- Code freeze for FF3.6.26/10 is this Friday, 2012-01-20
- Go to build for FF3.6.26/10 release candidate will be 2012-01-23
- A decision about whether or not to ship add-ons compatible by default in FF10 (and with what prefs set) will be made this same day
- Final sign-off for FF10 will be 2012-01-25
- Next source migration is 2012-01-31
- Matthew Noorenberghe landed the first revision of a Firefox profile migrator. This is a first step towards implementing a "profile cleaning" feature (bug 273874)
Firefox Developer Tools
- New Command Line was turned on in the web console.
- We've gathered feedback and will be turning it back off for now.
- paul, robcee and shorlander did some UI planning last week. Slides
- Quartz backend for the new 2D API (Azure) landed, on by default, for canvas.
- Tracked in bug 692879.
- OS X only, canvas only (for now).
- Please test canvas demos, etc!
- When testing, you can disable this implementation by toggling the pref gfx.canvas.azure.enabled to ensure it's actually a regression.
- WebSMS nearly ready, might even land today (Fennec and linux).
- We need a test server for SPDY, we've decided to go with node-spdy. We're planning to require a local installation of node 0.7 or higher in order to test SPDY. We'll be requesting that node be deployed to our testing infrastructure for this.
- Once SPDY testing is possible we'll be requesting that SPDY be turned on by default on mozilla-central, at least for a week. This should happen soon after the start of Firefox 13 development.
- Work progressing on mobile and OSX a11y.
- Team will follow up with a post to dev-platform or dev-planning regarding when and how to ship FF on OSX with a11y built in.
- 10.5 leak builds happening for try on 10.6 machines
- see dev.planning post for more details
- can we disable Mobile Desktop builds for m-c, project branches and aurora?
Security Review Needed but Unscheduled
Schedule with Curtis
If you believe your feature is on this list incorrectly or information has changed since the item was marked for review; please contact Curtis
Security Reviews Scheduled for this week
|Date / Time||Item|
|Wed Jan 18 / 13:00 PST||AVAILABLE|
|THU Jan 19 / 10:00 PST||AVAILABLE|
|Fri Jan 20/ 10:00 AM PST||AVAILABLE|
General Meeting Details * IRC Channel: #security * Etherpad: http://etherpad.mozilla.com:9000/secreview * Vidyo: https://v.mozilla.com/flex.html?roomdirect.html&key=5XEMsG1ApA4b (Room 9058) * Dial-in Info (phone): ** In office or soft phone: extension 92 ** US/INTL: 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 then extension 92 ** Toronto: 416-848-3114 then extension 92 ** Toll-free: 800-707-2533 then password 369 ** Conference num 99058
- Release on Friday - switch all timezones to UTC. Some dip in stats Friday but all looks normal now.
- Top crashes - http://bit.ly/vO7SxB.
- Startup crashes
- bug 716289 Was the top crash but now should be fixed.
- bug 717171 Crash @ js::ContextStack::currentScript. Currently #3 overall crash on trunk
- bug 718284 Cycle collector crash when using the default Wikipedia(en) search plugin with HTTPS-Everywhere
- bug 718575Startup crash in pref_savePref @ mozalloc_abort(char const* const) | mozalloc_handle_oom() | ToNewCString(nsACString_internal const&)
- bug 718389 Startup crash @ PR_EnumerateAddrInfo | nsDNSRecord::GetNextAddr.
- bug 718724 Firefox Crash [@ nsHTMLReflowState::Init(nsPresContext*, int, int, nsMargin const*, nsMargin const*) ]
- Top crashes - http://bit.ly/tr4pBc
- Device report - https://crash-analysis.mozilla.com/rkaiser/2012-01-12/2012-01-12.fennecandroid.nightly.devices.html
- empty signature crash - fixed on Friday so not there in 3 day view - https://crash-stats.mozilla.com/topcrasher/byversion/FennecAndroid/12.0a1/3/all but we have another issue where we are getting an error "EMPTY: java stack not in expected format". There are a number of bugs logged to track this issue.
- top 2 crashes
- (bsmedberg) - bug 712032 is a rather new orange which appears to be related to cache incorrectness; it doesn't have an owner but I don't think we should ship a release with it.