Platform Meeting Details
- Tuesdays - 11:00 am Pacific
- Dial-in: Audio-only conference# 95312
- People with Mozilla phones or softphones please dial x4000 Conf# 95312
- US/Toll-free: +1 800 707 2533, (pin 4000) Conf# 95312
- US/California/Mountain View: +1 650 903 0800, x4000 Conf# 95312
- US/California/San Francisco: +1 415 762 5700, x4000 Conf# 95312
- US/Oregon/Portland: +1 971 544 8000, x4000 Conf# 95312
- CA/British Columbia/Vancouver: +1 778 785 1540, x4000 Conf# 95312
- CA/Ontario/Toronto: +1 416 848 3114, x4000 Conf# 95312
- UK/London: +44 (0)207 855 3000, x4000 Conf# 95312
- FR/Paris: +33 1 84 88 37 37, x4000 Conf# 95312
- Gmail Chat (requires Flash and the Google Talk plugin): paste +1 650 903 0800 into the Gmail Chat box that doesn't look like it accepts phone numbers
- SkypeOut is free if you use the 800 number
- Warp Core Vidyo Room
- join irc.mozilla.org #planning for back channel
- 1 Notices / Schedule
- 2 Firefox Development
- 3 Firefox Developer Tools
- 4 Performance
- 5 GFX
- 6 JS
- 7 Layout
- 8 Video
- 9 DOM
- 10 WebAPI
- 11 Network
- 12 Identity
- 13 Plugins
- 14 Mobile
- 15 Accessibility
- 16 Tree Management
- 17 Security
- 18 Stability Report
- 19 Roundtable
Notices / Schedule
- As mentioned last week, New Tab is now on by default. Tim Taubert is on a tear fixing followup issues, improving performance of the thumbnail service, and making styling tweaks.
- Inline autocomplete has been disabled on trunk while we fix some additional issues that popped up (bug 720792). Marco is on the case, and we'll get that re-enabled shortly.
- Chemspill candidates for FF10 are being discussed at today's channel meeting (2PM PT in Warp Core)
Firefox Developer Tools
- Initial Debugger Has Landed
- Preffed off: to enable, set devtools.debugger.enable to true.
- Telemetry dashboard is now public! See Taras' presentation for access details.
- Performance work week summary from Jared.
- Safebrowsing move from SQLite to flat file landed (bug 673470)
- Various front-end telemetry probes landed, and a bunch more are in-progress.
- Edwin Flores (intern) making good progress on "embedded SVG glyphs in OpenType fonts" (aka "SVG Fonts Done Right") bug 719286. We should have something shippable-but-preffed-off-by-default soon.
- Other notable patches:
- libcubeb landed for Windows, but was disabled due to some random test failures
- Matthew working on reenabling that, plus tracking down failures in Mac and ALSA backends
- alder repo now builds on Win32 (thanks Ted!).
- Win32, Linux and Mac can capture images from video with fabrice's bug 629955 patches
- Chrome is now shipping Canary Chromium builds with a very early version of WebRTC enable-able. A number of 3rd-parties have built early demos based on it; several were shown at IETF Interim last week.
- Data channel API/protocols firming up; will evangelize at HTML5 Gaming work week in Toronto (great for games!) and look to implement ASAP
- Started work on WebNFC
- Mounir is editor for Network Information API and Screen Orientation APIs at W3C
- No security reviews this week due to security work week in Santa Cruz.
- Please work with Curtis to schedule reviews and
- Update feature pages so we have accurate information
Firefox 10 Top Issues
- Noticed increase in cycle collector crashes - GCGraphBuilder::NoteXPCOMChild(nsISupports*) - #2 crash
- Startup crash @ PR_EnumerateAddrInfo | nsDNSRecord::GetNextAddr - #3 crash
- bug 718389 - Spike we saw in FF10b4
- No clear next steps for investigation. Correlation reports have been inconclusive.
- bug 725009 - crash je_free | mozutils.dll. May be related to Flash.
Firefox 11 Top Issues
- Increase in hangs - bug 722394
- bug 715401 - new on 11a2 but rising in b1 - trying to isolate the regression range.
- bug 718284 - Separate issue causing increase in cycle collector issues.
Firefox 12 Top Issues
- Nothing new and notable on Aurora yet.
Trunk Top Issues
- Tracking a number of new crashes related to the landing of some plugin work bug 90268
- Socorro fixes to separate out Java signatures - fix went out last week.
- bug 719943- new field in json metadata needs exposure in the UI
- Crash volume going down after a bunch of fixes landed last week.
Trunk Top Issues
- Still lots of new stuff landing. Focus on logging all the new Java signatures...
- top crash fixed - bug 723550 - Lots of base64 decode errors in logcat
- bug 724215 - java.lang.NullPointerException: at org.mozilla.gecko.GeckoEvent.addMotionPoint(GeckoEvent.java)
- bug 723495 - java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: View not attached to window manager at android.view.WindowManagerImpl.findViewLocked(WindowManagerImpl.java) - (affects 13, 12, 11)
Aurora Top Issues
- bug 711852 - Crash in neon_composite_over_8888_8888 or neon_composite_over_n_8_0565 or fast_composite_over_8888_0565 or arm_neon_fill @ libxul.so@0xa - (affects 12, 11)
- Not enough data yet - top issue is just 4 crashes
- bug 719741 - Crash @ __libc_android_abort | dlfree | free | fclose