Platform Meeting Details
- Tuesdays - 11:00 am Pacific
- Dial-in: Audio-only conference# 95312
- People with Mozilla phones or softphones please dial x4000 Conf# 95312
- US/Toll-free: +1 800 707 2533, (pin 4000) Conf# 95312
- US/California/Mountain View: +1 650 903 0800, x4000 Conf# 95312
- US/California/San Francisco: +1 415 762 5700, x4000 Conf# 95312
- US/Oregon/Portland: +1 971 544 8000, x4000 Conf# 95312
- CA/British Columbia/Vancouver: +1 778 785 1540, x4000 Conf# 95312
- CA/Ontario/Toronto: +1 416 848 3114, x4000 Conf# 95312
- UK/London: +44 (0)207 855 3000, x4000 Conf# 95312
- FR/Paris: +33 1 84 88 37 37, x4000 Conf# 95312
- Gmail Chat (requires Flash and the Google Talk plugin): paste +1 650 903 0800 into the Gmail Chat box that doesn't look like it accepts phone numbers
- SkypeOut is free if you use the 800 number
- Warp Core Vidyo Room
- join irc.mozilla.org #planning for back channel
- 1 Notices / Schedule
- 2 Firefox Development
- 3 Firefox Developer Tools
- 4 Performance
- 5 GFX
- 6 JS
- 7 Layout
- 8 Video
- 9 DOM
- 10 WebAPI
- 11 Network
- 12 Identity
- 13 Plugins
- 14 Mobile
- 15 Accessibility
- 16 Tree Management
- 17 Security
- 18 Stability Report
- 19 Roundtable
Notices / Schedule
MSVC 2010 todayunfortunately backed out for PGO crashes, see bug 563318.
- Firefox 10 shipping today (firstname.lastname@example.org for broken websites)
- If you see any fallout, please notify email@example.com (Rapid Release Response Team)
- New Tab Page (bug 455553): Little bit of a bumpy landing, but it's landed now, still preffed-off by default. There are several followup issues to fix, but we think it's ready to enable by default on trunk, and so we'll do that after the merge.
- Line breaks in tooltips (bug 358452): long standing HTML spec compliance issue, now FIXED for Firefox.
- Silent update
- Add-ons default to compatible ships today in Firefox 10
- Windows UAC service rides the train to Aurora
Firefox Developer Tools
- Firebug 1.10 is restartless and lazily initialized.
- Page Inspector in general release Firefox 10
- (inaudible) Initial Debugger UI and Protocol landing SOON
- Snappy is transitioning from identifying issues to fixing issues. Good stuff coming.
- CC + GC are the most well-known causes of pauses in Firefox. Olli is landing huge cycle collector improvements (half of the patches landed so far), bug 705582, bug 717500. If that doesn’t solve all CC problems by Tuesday, Andrew is standing by with bug 710496 to limit how often CC can run. These improvements have a good chance of showing up in Firefox 12.
- about:jank indicated that laggy sessions are primarily caused by our direct2d accelerated drawing code, bug 721273. Turning off graphics acceleration made things a lot less slow (Options/Advanced/use hardware acceleration). It you experience lots of lag in your sessions (on youtube, blogs with high quality backgrounds, etc) please try about:jank. This requires running a very recent nightly.
- Install the extension, go to about:jank, browse around, then refresh about:jank. In the case of gfx lag, DrawThebesLayers shows up on top.
- Benoit’s profiler works well on Mac now, Windows support may be as early as this week.
- Telemetry histograms should now survive restarts (so we can do shutdown telemetry, etc), bug 707320.
- edit: this had to be backed out due to startup crashes. :(
- Working on session restore issues this week.
- bug 720428 - Quartz canvas should be lots faster in today's build.
- sharp variable support was removed, bug 566700
- No update
- Nothing to report
- New DOM bindings starting to take shape. A group of DOM team members met in Paris last week to start up the third and largest stage of the new DOM bindings work. This work is being tracked here
Services team working on support for "remote events". I.e. ability to get notifications even if you're not on website.
- Networking team is in SF this week, drop by and say hi if you'd like.
- Working to deploy node.js to test machines so we can land SPDY automated tests. This is the last thing we need to do before we try enabling SPDY by default.
Identity work will see Mozilla storing user data on Mozilla servers, so it's important to highlight these two posts (by Mitchell and Ben, respectively):
Spec for BrowserID DOM API is well under way, ready for feedback from DOM/WebAPI team:
- Bug 90268, content ownership of plugins, should land today.
- ICS plugin support is waiting for a mozconfig update to land. Should be in for tomorrow's nightly
- tile painting is in on trunk
- it is a regression in terms of checkerboarding ATM
- will uplift to aurora and beta when the regression is resolved
- final decision for UA String has been made (for 11) after many gyrations
- "Mozilla/5.0 (Android; Linux armv7l; rv:11.0a1) Gecko/20120127 Firefox/11.0a1 Mobile/11.0a1"
- Mobile will be dropped for Tablets when we support tablets (FF12 or FF13)
- XUL Fennec's UA will keep the Fennec token
- Nothing to report. (A11y work progressing well on many fronts)
- No updates
Security Reviews Scheduled for this week
|Date / Time||Item|
|Mon Jan 30 / 13:00 PST||No Review, please attend Fuzzing Brownbag|
|Wed Feb 1 / 13:00 PST||bug 718066 - [meta] Add feature to submit anonymous product metrics to Mozilla|
|THU Feb 2 / 10:00 PST||Instant Messenger in Thunderbird|
|Fri Feb 3/ 10:00 AM PST||AVAILABLE SLOT|
General Meeting Details * IRC Channel: #security * Etherpad: http://etherpad.mozilla.com:9000/secreview * Vidyo: https://v.mozilla.com/flex.html?roomdirect.html&key=5XEMsG1ApA4b (Room 9058) * Dial-in Info (phone): ** In office or soft phone: extension 92 ** US/INTL: 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 then extension 92 ** Toronto: 416-848-3114 then extension 92 ** Toll-free: 800-707-2533 then password 369 ** Conference num 99058
For updates to meetings please see the Security Review Calendar
- HTML: https://firstname.lastname@example.org/Security%20Review.html
- .ics: https://email@example.com/Security%20Review
Security Review Needed but Unscheduled
- Socorro release Wed.
- Considering holding until Thursday due to the Fx release today - feedback welcome
- Fixes for exposing mobile Java signatures.
- top crash list - http://bit.ly/vO7SxB
- Driver issue(?)
- bug 721196 [@ nsUrlClassifierPrefixSet::StoreToFd(mozilla::AutoFDClose&) ]
- Seems we have a spike in hangs that is unexplained - bug 722394.
- report - https://crash-analysis.mozilla.com/rkaiser/firefox.11.0a2.flashsummary.html.
- We did do a backout on 01/24 to fix bug 716945 but the hang level is higher than we would have expected after that backout. Could have been a problem that was masked until we did that backout.
- Need to investigate what other changes went into 11.
- Stability on trunk before merge was pretty good.
- We'll do an inventory of the crashes once users update and see what we need to track for 12.
- bug 722625 Startup crash in `anonymous namespace'::TelemetrySessionData::LoadFromDisk @ memcpy | Pickle::ReadUInt32
- top crash list - http://bit.ly/tr4pBc
- Having trouble making progress on some of the other top crashes - lack of STR.
- new reports
- crash reports per build id - use advanced search tab.