Platform Meeting Details
- Tuesday 2012-06-05 - 11:00 am Pacific
- Dial-in: Audio-only conference# 95312
- People with Mozilla phones or softphones please dial x4000 Conf# 95312
- US/Toll-free: +1 800 707 2533, (pin 4000) Conf# 95312
- US/California/Mountain View: +1 650 903 0800, x4000 Conf# 95312
- US/California/San Francisco: +1 415 762 5700, x4000 Conf# 95312
- US/Oregon/Portland: +1 971 544 8000, x4000 Conf# 95312
- CA/British Columbia/Vancouver: +1 778 785 1540, x4000 Conf# 95312
- CA/Ontario/Toronto: +1 416 848 3114, x4000 Conf# 95312
- UK/London: +44 (0)207 855 3000, x4000 Conf# 95312
- FR/Paris: +33 1 84 88 37 37, x4000 Conf# 95312
- Gmail Chat (requires Flash and the Google Talk plugin): paste +1 650 903 0800 into the Gmail Chat box that doesn't look like it accepts phone numbers
- SkypeOut is free if you use the 800 number
- Warp Core Vidyo Room / SFO-Boardroom
- join irc.mozilla.org #planning for back channel
- 1 Kilimanjaro
- 2 Notices / Schedule
- 3 Firefox Development
- 4 Firefox Developer Tools
- 5 Add-on SDK
- 6 B2G
- 7 Performance
- 8 GFX
- 9 JS
- 10 Layout
- 11 Media
- 12 DOM
- 13 WebAPI
- 14 Network
- 15 Identity
- 16 Plugins
- 17 Mobile
- 18 Accessibility
- 19 Tree Management
- 20 Security
- 21 Stability Report
- 22 Roundtable
- Reminder about k9o triage sessions on Mon/Wed @ 1:00pm PT.
- Basecamp triage - Gaia and platform sessions in progress, working on scheduling in more formal triage for identity/marketplace/apps pieces.
Notices / Schedule
- FF13 released this morning!
- m-c/Nightly is now 16, m-a/Aurora is now 15, and m-b/Beta is now 14
- FF14 beta 6, FN14b6, and XF14b6 will be released for desktop, phones, and tablets this week
- FF3.6 to 12 automatic updates with add-on compatibility checks went out today for the security of users on these older versions of Firefox
- WebApp runtime support on Linux: great work by Marco Castelluccio to get that completed and landed for Firefox 15 (bug 744193, bug 745018)
- WebApp runtime fixes to enable WebGL, geolocation, and offline cache in the web app runtime: bug 748214, bug 749459, bug 749029
- bug 742047: Andres and ttaubert are refactoring session storage, first step towards reducing blocking pauses and performance impact (tracking bug 669034)
- bug 758812: browser.js split up into smaller pieces, see dolske's blog post for more details
- theme work:
- inline autocomplete fixes:
- bug 720081
- inline autocomplete has been uplifted to beta
Firefox Developer Tools
- Responsive Mode landed.
- Layout View turned on.
- Loads of debugger fixes landed last week, feedback wanted.
- Perf improvements on the web console.
- Platform APIs should be complete. Platform devs are pushing hard to tie up what's left.
- Focus now is on Gaia UI - ensuring all apps are available and screen-complete.
- Weekly status summary: https://etherpad.mozilla.org/b2g-status
- Gaia meeting notes: https://etherpad.mozilla.org/gaia-meeting-notes
- B2G meeting notes (happens later today): https://etherpad.mozilla.org/b2g-meeting-notes
- This week's Snappy summary.
- Necko team landed a fix to the cache that should freeze the UI thread less during reads (bug 722034).
- Bill turned on incremental GC again (bug 735099).
- Brian landed a way to bypass the windows prefetch service via our privileged silent update service, which should improve start-up time (bug 692255).
- Brian has instrumented our event loop to measure the extent of Firefox lag when responding to user events (bug 759449). This is different than measuring general event-loop lag in that it focuses on lag that the user will actually notice. Interested? See the EVENTLOOP_UI_LAG_EXP_MS histogram in our Telemetry dashboard. This shows a regression starting on June 2nd, any ideas on what landed that would've caused a regression?
- Help Wanted
- The necko team is looking for help to determine the optimal disk cache size. Please see Nick’s post.
- Fennec 1.0 Blocking Bugs
- Notable Patches:
- bug 713643 - Unprefix the border-image-* properties and add a temporary alias for -moz-border-image (but not for its subproperties, which we haven't shipped prefixed). [dbaron]
- bug 760954 - Fix the performance regression in the View Source windows [smontagu]
- bug 748692 - Don't reparse inline stylesheets on random attribute changes. [bz]
- bug 731447 - Make buttons display:inline-block by default so that underlines don't reach into them. [bz]
- bug 727834 - Add an API to (re)parse a style sheet in place. [Cedric Vivier]
- bug 760696 - Use :fullscreen to detect HTML5 video/audio state for controls visibility. [Frank Yan]
- bug 748088 - Native android reftest are not testing OMTC+OGL. [Joel Maher]
- bug 758236 - reftests for basic Indic shaping features in harfbuzz. [jkew]
- bug 759457 - Don't fast path shadows with negative scale. [jmuizelaar]
- bug 219767 - Move font size functions in nsStyleUtil into nsRuleNode. [Shriram Kunchanapalli]
- bug 713608 - HTML5 Video controls are missing in Fullscreen. [Diogo Golovanevsky Monteiro]
- bug 759421 - Handle image load errors in the reftest analyzer more gracefully. [kats]
- bug 758589 - Make Selection.toString() return early (with empty result string) if the shell is destroyed. [mats]
- Changed category to Media :-)
- Initial WebRTC landing as soon as reviews are in; will warn people and try to land early in a day EDT to avoid too much activity.
- Desktop getUserMedia implementation close to ready (once we have WebRTC on m-c); will enable a lot of demos/etc.
- Multiprocess IndexedDB landed. (Blob support still missing).
- FileHandle support landed. We now have low-level file-CRUD support! Prefixed since we're still working on standardization.
- Firefox 13 shipped with SPDY enabled by default!
- Major cache performance improvements have landed - bug 722034 and bug 746018.
- Fullscreen support for plugins on Gingerbread and Froyo
- Reader mode
- New address bar layout
- The nightly run of FF on mac with a11y turned on turned up issues so we have turned a11y back off while we sort them out (probably via whitelisting bug 759736).
- Mobile Firefox accessibility is full speed ahead.
- We're planning a work week in Toronto August 20-24th where b2g will be an area of activity.
- All* 32-bit windows builds happening on 64-bit machines now.
- Check out Aki's blog for updates on how to build multilocale fennec builds in a sane way.
* for some definitions of "All". Your definition may vary. Currently excludes l10n repacks, mozilla-beta, mozilla-release and mozilla-esr10 builds.
Reviews coming up this week:
Monday 1pm PDT -- WebTelephony Wednesday 1pm PDT -- B2G Device Storage
For updates to meetings please see the Security Review Calendar
- HTML: https://firstname.lastname@example.org/Security%20Review.html
- .ics: https://email@example.com/Security%20Review
Bugs marked sec-review-needed that need to be scheduled
0 Total; 0 Open (0%); 0 Resolved (0%); 0 Verified (0%);
- Lots of prep for the stability work week next week.
- Planning on a couple of brown bags - watch for emails.
- Planning to post/blog about results, stability roadmap/plans.
- Working on setting up a discussion with Adobe for next week to review crashes/hangs.
- Skiplist additions for mobile going to production tomorrow: bug 741222, bug 741315, bug 759534, bug 760597
- Only small fixes in current releases while work on rapid beta support continues
- bug 709860 - correlated to Avast. Still trying to reproduce
- bug 760960 - crash in nsNPAPIPluginInstance::GetJSObject with LightShot plugin - spiked on 12 also.
- bug 761185 - Firefox startup crash in __delayLoadHelper2
- Beta crashes on Mac "seem" low. Need to compare to previous betas to make sure we aren't missing any crash reports. Verified the crash reporter is working correctly.
- Crash rates continue to be on the high side, but actual bugs are actively being worked on, some fixes already landed.
- Some fixes for relatively high-ranking crashes may need to be uplifted to aurora in the coming weeks.
- bug 761086 crash in inDOMUtils::GetRuleNodeForContent @ nsINode::IsElement with Inspector
- bug 761528 crash in npjp2.dll@0x7764 with Java SE 7 Update 4
- Mobile continuing to improve although not that many crash fixes went into b5.
- Aiming at < 5 crashes per 100 ADU as target.
- 3 key top crashes still blocking
- No changes in Crash Ratio was expected for this release as there was no real crash fixes placed in. This was stated last week.
- Beta 4 shows spike at the beginning because of low ADU (: reason why we had 18.75 % crash in beta 4 was because of 3 crashes w/ 16 users per 100 adu.
- 14.0b5 Beta top crashes
- Aurora top crashes
- Nightly top crashes