Platform Meeting Details
- Tuesday 2012-12-11 - 11:00 am Pacific
- Dial-in: Audio-only conference# 95312
- People with Mozilla phones or softphones please dial x4000 Conf# 95312
- US/Toll-free: +1 800 707 2533, (pin 4000) Conf# 95312
- US/California/Mountain View: +1 650 903 0800, x4000 Conf# 95312
- US/California/San Francisco: +1 415 762 5700, x4000 Conf# 95312
- US/Oregon/Portland: +1 971 544 8000, x4000 Conf# 95312
- CA/British Columbia/Vancouver: +1 778 785 1540, x4000 Conf# 95312
- CA/Ontario/Toronto: +1 416 848 3114, x4000 Conf# 95312
- UK/London: +44 (0)207 855 3000, x4000 Conf# 95312
- FR/Paris: +33 1 84 88 37 37, x4000 Conf# 95312
- Gmail Chat (requires Flash and the Google Talk plugin): paste +1 650 903 0800 into the Gmail Chat box that doesn't look like it accepts phone numbers
- SkypeOut is free if you use the 800 number
- Warp Core Vidyo Room / SFO-Boardroom
- join irc.mozilla.org #planning for back channel
- 1 Notices/Schedule
- 2 Products/Projects
- 3 Engineering Metrics
- 4 Key Issues
- 5 Roundtable
|Unresolved Aurora Trackers (non-security, not tracked for Beta)||Unresolved Beta Trackers (non-security)|
- Firefox 18.0 beta 4 is going to build today. No more speculative fixes.
- Stability and performance improving (smoketests much better, dogfooding reporting that perf is improving)
- Convergence milestone 3 starts today: http://people.mozilla.com/~dietrich/basecamp/c3.html
- Overall tracking data: http://people.mozilla.com/~dietrich/basecamp/counts.html
- (catlee) stub b2g tests on panda boards are now online on cedar
- for more details please read http://armenzg.blogspot.ca/2012/12/b2g-test-jobs-running-on-panda-boards.html
- or watch them running in https://tbpl.mozilla.org/?tree=Cedar&jobname=b2g_panda%20cedar%20opt%20test%20gaia-ui-test
- First build last week where smoketests were all green!
- Adding tests to mochitest run over next two weeks. Found ~90000 tests (across several hundred files) in /layout and /content that can be moved into B2G suite.
- Up to 19 automated Gaia smoketests
- Detailed report: https://intranet.mozilla.org/Program_Management/Firefox_OS/WeeklyStatus/20121207#Quality
- Multi-provider support landed on inbound last night. Keep an eye out for any related issues in tomorrow's Nightly. We're going to see what the feedback is like before considering an uplift to Aurora 19.
- Download Panel
- Much of the work is complete, still some polish bugs to sort out. Primary remaining blocker is the new library downloads view, the team is on it.
- bug 760036 bounced because of mobile issues (underlying bug seems to be bug 772672). We'll need a workaround for mobile if fixing that bug can't happen soon.
- Per-window private browsing
- bug 818732 per-window private browsing is almost here. Please help us test this when it gets turned on (will be in a few days.)
- Responsiveness and Usability
- bug 811825 : Reflow on zoom should have no effect on constrained height frames.
- Stability Wins
- bug 735399 - Only do session restore after a crash
- bug 816902 - java.lang.NullPointerException: at org.mozilla.gecko.AllPagesTab.setSuggestionsEnabled(AllPagesTab.java)
- bug 812867 - java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: width must be > 0 at android.graphics.Bitmap.checkWidthHeight(Bitmap.java)
- java.lang.NullPointerException: Layout parameters cannot be null at android.view.View.setLayoutParams(View.java)
- In Progress
- WebRTC bugs, code now all compiles and links.
- Some landed, reviews for the rest pending.
- Reflow on Zoom work is ongoing
- Elm to mc merge
- Working on Elm test failures for non-Windows platforms related to the app/gre split.
- New packager should be on elm this week, may land on mc soonish.
- 7 bugs blocking (+2) bug metro-build w/work TBD
- 5 bugs blocking (+3) bug elm-merge w/work TBD
- Planning to switch mc to the 8.0 sdk after the next merge on ~2013-01-06 bug 774910
- First round of Download Manager work landed.
- Simplified touch event handling landed, plus some follow-up work.
- In progress: top site thumbnails; progress indicators; lots of UI polish
Stability Report [Weekly]
- js::GCMarker::processMarkStackTop is a top signature everywhere, has bug 719114, bug 803018, and bug 817342 filed, would really need some investigation to get progress. We know GC crashes are a hard case, but we can't just ignore 3-5% of our crashes forever.
- bug 812319 and bug 572011 are crashes related with the fully-JS Yandex Bar add-on, so this (in and aorund Russia) popular extension probably triggers problem in our own code. We need investigation of those.
- bug 799118 and bug 790473 are two more JS crashes that have been spiking on trunk and need investigation.
QA investigation help needed... Can any dev can give some ideas?:
- bug 780831 (JB crash in dvm) is still the #1 issue on beta and rising on release, STR would be good, but we have progress on it now.
- bug 782223 (JB crash in tegra libs, mostly Nexus 7) is high on beta as well, also needs STR.
- bug 817946 - We seem to corrupt memory somewhere, which leads to pretty useless stacks in crash reports
- any leads on this would be great
- bug 814078 - Submitting all pending crashes - just landed on trunk, waiting for getting onto beta
- nhirata and marcia working on end to end crash reporting - they will have info by 12/14.
- Dec 6 Snappy status
- Start-up & Shutdown
- BenWa blogged about Analyzing Shutdown Performance
- Tab Strip
- Vlad measured significantly reduced FPS rates during Australis tab animations that is particularly noticeable on weak hardware. Details in bug 738491#c76. More investigation and recommendations for the implementers coming.
- Paulo removed downloads from the main thread (bug 789932)
- Ben Smedberg and Aaron Klotz are looking at detaching the input queue of the main Firefox thread from the plugin-container main thread (Win32). This would address a type of plug-in hang that falls outside the scope of our plug-in hang detection code. (bug 818059)
- Progress on moving local storage off the main thread (bug 807021, bug 600307)
Games [1st Tuesday of Month]
Mobile Web Compat [2nd Tuesday of Month]
- Recent updates
- Mobile Web Compatibility Nov 9, 2012 – Video update, UA detection tools, Phony for B2G?
- Learn how to site test in this Air Mozilla video from Jason Smith
- Recent meeting minutes
- Targeting UA overrides for top 100 sites in select locales, the first being Brazil (bug 819210)
- QA is working though the first candidate list this week.
- Lawrence wrote a script to change the B2G UA for testing. See https://groups.google.com/d/msg/mozilla.dev.b2g/01Pqtkzsiv4/WIOYsKDriq4J
- Find a problem with an Everything.me app? File it under Boot2Gecko::Gaia::Everything.me
- Find a problem with a Marketplace app? File it under Tech Evangelism::Mobile] and cc Lisa Brewster (app review manager)
- Broken site deep dive investigation
- Josh Matthews and John Schoenick completed a investigation into why a specific set of sites are broken on Gecko. The goal was to better understand which Webkit CSS and DOM properties are causing breakage. See John's summary in bug 811421#c8.
Critsmash [3rd Tuesday of Month]
- Great work from Ted (etc) getting auto exploit analysis landed.
Memshrink [4th Tuesday of Month]
Actions Last Week
- Mossop to follow up to mailing list about super-review status, update doc and post link
- Followed up in newsgroup, decided that no change is needed to the policy but have emailed all module owners to draw their attention to it and ask they talk with their reviewers
- Alex to investigate raising visibility of key web compat changes (ie UA)
- Milan to assign https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=805745
Karl T. to look at https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=815542
- billm and jonco are watching this.
- Jet look into https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=696640
- Naveed look into https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=817342
- Win64 builds (bsmedberg)
- Future Issues - early discussion on dev-platform, monitoring for discussion if not resolved
- MOZ_MAKE_FLAGS removal
- Linux32 tests (catlee/joduinn)
- Not shipping new prefixed non-WebGL, non-WebRTC APIs on the release channel. (hsivonen)
- bug 770844 : Consider putting indexedDB on the window object itself, not on Window.prototype - bajaj
- Can I ask what would the chances of moving the agenda to etherpad - satdav