Platform Meeting Details
- Tuesday 2013-02-19 - 11:00 am Pacific
- Dial-in: Audio-only conference# 95312
- People with Mozilla phones or softphones please dial x4000 Conf# 95312
- US/Toll-free: +1 800 707 2533, (pin 4000) Conf# 95312
- US/California/Mountain View: +1 650 903 0800, x4000 Conf# 95312
- US/California/San Francisco: +1 415 762 5700, x4000 Conf# 95312
- US/Oregon/Portland: +1 971 544 8000, x4000 Conf# 95312
- CA/British Columbia/Vancouver: +1 778 785 1540, x4000 Conf# 95312
- CA/Ontario/Toronto: +1 416 848 3114, x4000 Conf# 95312
- UK/London: +44 (0)207 855 3000, x4000 Conf# 95312
- FR/Paris: +33 1 84 88 37 37, x4000 Conf# 95312
- Gmail Chat (requires Flash and the Google Talk plugin): paste +1 650 903 0800 into the Gmail Chat box that doesn't look like it accepts phone numbers
- SkypeOut is free if you use the 800 number
- Warp Core Vidyo Room / SFO-Boardroom
- join irc.mozilla.org #planning for back channel
- 1 Actions
- 2 Notices/Schedule
- 3 Key Issues
- 4 Products/Projects
- 5 Roundtable
- Jet to give Shumway update next week, see about scheduling regular update for this project
- FF19 released today! New hotness is the PDF viewer on desktop and lower system requirements, theme support, and Chinese l10n support on mobile. See the release notes.
- Merge is underway today. After the merge, m-c=FF22, m-a=FF21, m-b=FF20
- FF20b1 go to build will be sent at EOD today (if you know of any blockers, let lsblakk know)
- FF21.0a2 and FF20b1 will be released before the end of the week
|Unresolved Aurora 21 Trackers (non-security, not tracked for Beta)||Unresolved Beta 20 Trackers (non-security)|
- Integrating documentation into the dev process (Sheppy)
- For context https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups=#!topic/mozilla.dev.planning/Md6_CaOcABI
- Short explanation of the situation and issues at hand, some ideas that have been suggested, then discussion of ideas to help improve the situation. Hoping to get great dev input!
- Shumway update (Jet)
- Plug-in crash UI changes: we now record plugin URLs, and allow entering comments (bug 648675)
- Background tab thumbnailing service: work is going on in bug 841495
- Weekly bug triage: fx-team is organizing a weekly triage of old bugs across the Firefox component, some details at https://etherpad.mozilla.org/firefox-triage
- Desktop unittests migrating to MozHarness, as soon as train-merge work is completed. bug 793022
- easier to setup *new* test suites
- *much* easier to run test suites locally
- FAQ: https://etherpad.mozilla.org/mozharness-faq
- Blog Shout Out
- Fx Android talk in London: http://lucasr.org/2013/02/15/firefox-for-android-talk-in-london/
- Memory, Responsiveness, and Usability
- We're getting closer to using AsyncPanZoomController for fennec's panning and zooming controller bug 839641
- The highly anticipated scrolling of the nav bar off the top of the screen has been green-lighted by UX and patch is under review bug 716403
- Also being reviewed is a fix for bug 822810 - Unexpected painting behaviour with low-res tiling code
- We are now shipping zh-cn and zh-tw as of Fx19, the fix for the HK locale is included bug 839883 - Don't match zh-* based on just language
- Great progress on
- Push notifications for Android bug 834033
- ANR Reporter: bug 826053 Detect and report, bug 834086 metrics server scripts, and bug 833991sec review
- Stability Wins
- bug 836924 - java.lang.NullPointerException: at org.mozilla.gecko.Tabs.getContentResolver(Tabs.java:212)
- Other Cool Dev Stuff
- Landed to help with IME debugging, bug 838177 - Add more debugging output to GeckoEditable and GeckoInputConnection
Stability Report [Weekly]
- Thanks to roc for his investigation and wallpaper in bug 839270 - unfortunately the real causes still eludes us. roc might need the support of a developer with access to a crashing machine, esp. if he can't do good remote debugging.
Metro [1st Tuesday of each month]
Games [1st Tuesday of Month]
Mobile Web Compat [2nd Tuesday of Month]
Critsmash [3rd Tuesday of Month]
- Engineers are incessantly smashing critical bugs. Our mid quarter checkup looks good but we have to keep momentum.
- Please consider a fresh triage of all your team's security bugs (Front-end and DOM teams have done this).
- Most development teams now have explicit security goals: Platform/2013-Q1-Goals (thank you!)
- ASAN builds! (ongoing progress can be seen on out Security Commitments meta bug).
- A big thank you to collaboration from release team including: John, Chris, Ben, Sec team including: Christian, Dan, Al, engineering team including: steve fink, A-Team' s Ed Morely, and so on.
Memshrink [4th Tuesday of Month]
- WebRTC (PeerConnections) are now enabled by default on Desktop(!) (In today's nightly)
- We're likely to (re)enable a bunch of assertions, especially thread-safety ones, in opt builds for at least the next few months.
- If some funky hardware doesn't work with it, report it!
- Lots of interest from major players. Time for web developers to start trying it
- Lots of work/improvements still to do (including beyond initial release to production)
- Note that mozGetUserMedia() (camera/mic access) is moving into Beta 20 now (preffed on)
- 2nd reminder that this meeting moves to the Engineering (8411) Vidyo room as of Mar 5 (lmandel)