Platform Meeting Details
- Tuesday 2013-03-19 - 11:00 am Pacific
- Dial-in: Audio-only conference# 98411
- People with Mozilla phones or softphones please dial x4000 Conf# 98411
- US/Toll-free: +1 800 707 2533, (pin 4000) Conf# 98411
- US/California/Mountain View: +1 650 903 0800, x4000 Conf# 98411
- US/California/San Francisco: +1 415 762 5700, x4000 Conf# 98411
- US/Oregon/Portland: +1 971 544 8000, x4000 Conf# 98411
- CA/British Columbia/Vancouver: +1 778 785 1540, x4000 Conf# 98411
- CA/Ontario/Toronto: +1 416 848 3114, x4000 Conf# 98411
- UK/London: +44 (0)207 855 3000, x4000 Conf# 98411
- FR/Paris: +33 1 84 88 37 37, x4000 Conf# 98411
- Gmail Chat (requires Flash and the Google Talk plugin): paste +1 650 903 0800 into the Gmail Chat box that doesn't look like it accepts phone numbers
- SkypeOut is free if you use the 800 number
- Engineering Vidyo Room / Warp Core / SFO-Boardroom / Tor Commons
- join irc.mozilla.org #planning for back channel
- 1 Actions
- 2 Notices/Schedule
- 3 Key Issues
- 4 Products/Projects
- 4.1 Firefox OS
- 4.2 Firefox Desktop
- 4.3 Firefox Mobile
- 4.4 Stability
- 4.5 OrangeFactor [New this week]
- 4.6 Snappy [Bi-Weekly]
- 4.7 Metro [1st Tuesday of each month]
- 4.8 Games [1st Tuesday of Month]
- 4.9 Mobile Web Compat [2nd Tuesday of Month]
- 4.10 Critsmash [3rd Tuesday of Month]
- 4.11 Memshrink [4th Tuesday of Month]
- 5 Roundtable
- 20.0b6 (our fifth week of FF20 beta) goes to build EOD
- Next Tues gtb on final beta will be immediately followed by merge of mozilla-beta -> mozill-release and building our final RC so we get more time with testing
|Unresolved Aurora 54 Trackers (non-security, not tracked for Beta)||Unresolved Beta 72 Trackers (non-security)|
- We started running Win8 test jobs *visibly* on mozilla-central, mozilla-inbound and try
- https://tbpl.mozilla.org/?tree=Firefox&jobname=WINNT 6.2
- some jobs are hidden since they're intermittent
- for more info about those intermittent issues please see bug 847447 or talk with jimm
- Feature planning for Q2 and beyond is underway
- Blog shout out
- For up-to-the-minute status on Nightly, watch our twitter feed: https://twitter.com/FennecNightly (and tumblr: http://fennecnightly.tumblr.com/)
- Stacked Git: http://www.cpeterso.com/blog/2013/03/stacked-git-mercurial-style-patch-queues-for-git/
- Usability and Performance
- Dynamic Toolbar changes continue and are landing in Fx22 Nightly bug 849958, bug 849246
- bug 826476 - Modify sqlite database pragmas to possibly improve performance
- Snappy work week participation
- bug 831144 - Implement editor key bindings on Android also landed on nightly
- Stability Wins
- SQLite DB lock investigation continues
- Investigating bug 845146 - Intermittent application crashed [@ libGLESv2_POWERVR_SGX540_120.so + 0x19904] and bug 846465 - crash in mozilla::MediaPluginHost::CreateDecoder @ libstagefright.so@0x79877
- Increase of crashes with empty dumps in 19 and 20 is a concern, see bug 837835 for investigations (and graphs). Now 22% of all crashes on 20.0b5.
- Note to anyone dogfooding B2G: Please make sure you connect to wifi every once in a while, we only send crash reports once you do that, and we really want to get them from you!
OrangeFactor [New this week]
- Past week's OrangeFactor: 12.02 (Previous Week: 4.03)
- One top 10 failure was fixed (bug 846150) and 2 others were disabled (bug 845190, bug 766546).
- Bugs currently in need of attention:
- Various B2G emulator crashes (bug 818103, bug 821420, bug 834016). Current failure rate has sheriffs considering hiding the tests until the situation improves.
- bug 603147 ("child process nnnn still alive after shutdown" during mochitest-chrome or mochitest shutdown"). Last activity was in January with a suggestion for how to debug the problem. No action taken since.
- bug 824022 ("command timed out: 1200 seconds without output, attempting to kill" during test_blocklistchange.js, test_bootstrap.js, test_install[_strictcompat].js, test_update[_strictcompat].js, test_filepointer.js, test_dictionary.js, test_theme.js). Last comment made indicates that this bug cannot be investigated until bug 597064 is fixed. Last activity was in December.
- bug 851845 (browser_responsiveuiaddcustompreset.js,browser_responsivecomputedview.js,browser_responsiveruleview.js,browser_responsiveui.js | (NS_ERROR_NOT_AVAILABLE) [nsIDOMWindowUtils.getScrollbarSize]). Regressed within the last few days and happening with high frequency.
- Enabled per-commit desktop B2G builds on m-c this week (bug 837936), however they are current hidden due to bug 852543 (make check failures).
- 23 intermittent failures fixed in the last week - List - Thanks!
Metro [1st Tuesday of each month]
Games [1st Tuesday of Month]
Mobile Web Compat [2nd Tuesday of Month]
Critsmash [3rd Tuesday of Month]
- Mighty and swift collaborative reaction to pwn2own bug. Less than 24 hours to fix. That is pretty f-ing awesome.
- Final push for Q1 security goals -- great response to critical bugs so far!
- See Kyle Lahnakoski's Q1 goal visualization which you can break down by team.
- Sec-Moderate bugs are accumulating. [queue jaws theme]
- Please continue to make security a key part of quarterly planning. If possible for your team please consider tackling larger security mitigation work/goals. Heroically engineering is coping with the worst bugs coming from increased fuzzing (especially externally), but we need to be even more vigilant in Q2 especially to stay on top of moderates and lows.
- We are working to get better visibility/harvesting of our automated crash dump exploitability analysis data.