« previous week | index | next week »
Platform Meeting Details
- Tuesday 2013-03-26 - 11:00 am Pacific
- Dial-in: Audio-only conference# 98411
- People with Mozilla phones or softphones please dial x4000 Conf# 98411
- US/Toll-free: +1 800 707 2533, (pin 4000) Conf# 98411
- US/California/Mountain View: +1 650 903 0800, x4000 Conf# 98411
- US/California/San Francisco: +1 415 762 5700, x4000 Conf# 98411
- US/Oregon/Portland: +1 971 544 8000, x4000 Conf# 98411
- CA/British Columbia/Vancouver: +1 778 785 1540, x4000 Conf# 98411
- CA/Ontario/Toronto: +1 416 848 3114, x4000 Conf# 98411
- UK/London: +44 (0)207 855 3000, x4000 Conf# 98411
- FR/Paris: +33 1 84 88 37 37, x4000 Conf# 98411
- Gmail Chat (requires Flash and the Google Talk plugin): paste +1 650 903 0800 into the Gmail Chat box that doesn't look like it accepts phone numbers
- SkypeOut is free if you use the 800 number
- Engineering Vidyo Room / Warp Core / SFO-Boardroom / Tor Commons
- join irc.mozilla.org #planning for back channel
- 1 Actions
- 2 Notices/Schedule
- 3 Key Issues
- 4 Products/Projects
- 4.1 Firefox OS
- 4.2 Firefox Desktop
- 4.3 Firefox Mobile
- 4.4 Stability
- 4.5 OrangeFactor
- 4.6 Snappy [Bi-Weekly]
- 4.7 Metro [1st Tuesday of each month]
- 4.8 Games [1st Tuesday of Month]
- 4.9 Mobile Web Compat [2nd Tuesday of Month]
- 4.10 Critsmash [3rd Tuesday of Month]
- 4.11 Memshrink [4th Tuesday of Month]
- 5 Roundtable
- FF 20.0b7 is with QA and should ship on Wed
- FF 20.0 RC will go to build today to get extra time with QA prior to ship
- Release Sign Off meeting is tomorrow at 10am PT in ReleaseCoordination vidyo room
|Unresolved Aurora 54 Trackers (non-security, not tracked for Beta)||Unresolved Beta 114 Trackers (non-security)|
- get together last week
- put together BT architecture plan
- planned for migration to Jelly Bean BT stack
App startup: https://datazilla.mozilla.org/b2g/
- bug 846901 Email scroll performance is very poor (<50fps) and stuttery
- bug 844248 MediaStreamGraph adds lag to CameraPreview drawing update
- bug 844558 Contact API: Send cached contacts in chunks from parent to child
(Thanks to Erin Lancaster for contributing to the update!)
- Blog Shout Out
Optimizing Fx for Android- View Reduction: http://sriramramani.wordpress.com/
- Usability, Responsiveness, Performance
- Dynamic Toolbar clean up: bug 850690, bug 850724, bug 850154, bug 850789, bug 824745, bug 850889, bug 852158
- bug 827347 - allow downloading/installing update from about:firefox
- bug 815862 - allow more acceleration on high-res devices
- Great Progress on
- IME Automation
- WebRTC Backend Debugging: bug 832551 - webrtc.org upstream has broken the low-latency Android audio driver to the point of unusability
- Lot's of rebasing and reworking alder patches in preparation for upcoming merge to central
- Android PGO investigations currently stalled by valgrind issues we're hoping to get resolved soon bug 781179 - Use QEMU to generate the profile info for PGO builds for Android
- Stability Wins
- We got this uplifted to Fx20 for the last beta before GA release next week bug 846465 - crash in mozilla::MediaPluginHost::CreateDecoder @ libstagefright.so@0x79877 when playing mp3 files on HTC devices running JB
- Fixed for Fx21 bug 822686 - java.lang.NullPointerException: at org.mozilla.gecko.Favicons$LoadFaviconTask.downloadFavicon(Favicons.java)
- Also landed on Aurora: bug 850693 - java.lang.ClassCastException: android.os.BinderProxy cannot be cast to org.mozilla.gecko.NotificationService$NotificationBinder
- bug 848070 - Crash org.mozilla.gecko.TabsPanel.<init>(TabsPanel.java:84)
- bug 847002 - fix crash in nsPresShell::Paint
- bug 831768 landed on Nightly and should fix a number of Flash hang issues - if you see any weirdness there, please tell us, we hope to even uplift this to 21.
- In bug 837835, we found that we had two regressions, in both 19 and 20, that lead to increases in EMPTY dump crashes, we need help tracking down the actual causes.
- bug 845867 Graphic dev needs device.
- Firefox 20 for Android might be better in stability indicators than any other before, good work!
- Trunk bugs that need attention:
- bug 853774 (imgRequest::GetStatusTracker) - needs owner.
- bug 854604 - Typing 'Components' in the Web Console crashes the browser - needs owner.
- Past week's OrangeFactor: 7.15 (Previous Week: 12.02)
- A number of tests were hidden due to lack of attention and continued failures.
- B2G emulator tests were hidden last week due to high failure rate. See bug 853024 and dependencies for re-enabling.
- bug 824022 ("command timed out: 1200 seconds without output, attempting to kill" during test_blocklistchange.js, test_bootstrap.js, test_install[_strictcompat].js, test_update[_strictcompat].js, test_filepointer.js, test_dictionary.js, test_theme.js) is the #3 top orange currently, even though it only affects Windows XP. Help still wanted on this and bug 597064.
- 20 intermittent failures fixed in the last week - List - Thanks! However, 188 happened at least twice in the last week.
- No more Snappy meetings: 
- Snappy status update + workweek talks:  + 
- Top sources of temporary main thread hangs lasting >5s (uncategorized): 
- bug 830423: Avoid repeated execution of expensive daysOfHistory query
- bug 834457: mak removed deprecated synchronous APIs from Places
- Discussed plan for mozIStorageAsyncConnection + plan for SQLite in workers
- bug 644744: Modify xperf+talos to output thread and stage information with per-file I/O stats, adds whitelist capability
- bug 648407: Mike Hommey folded libraries for faster startup
- bug 790882: Tim Taubert taught Firefox to warm up newtab connections on hover
- bug 829952: Masayuki Nakano improved Firefox scrolling responsiveness on modern touchpads
Metro [1st Tuesday of each month]
Games [1st Tuesday of Month]
Mobile Web Compat [2nd Tuesday of Month]
Critsmash [3rd Tuesday of Month]
Memshrink [4th Tuesday of Month]
Bill McCloskey landed zones, which wins back a lot of the overhead introduced by compartment-per-global. It saves about 6 MiB (~10%) on start-up on desktop, and more with heavier usage. User comments:
- "I have a fair amount of bugzilla tabs pinned and use bugzillaJS, and zones landing caused my profile’s memory at startup to drop from ~650 to ~550 MiB".
- "This has reduced the memory usage of Ad Block Plus quite a lot... about 40-50 MB, with 10 tabs loaded with misc websites."
MemShrink reports: week 89--90, week 91--92.