Engineering Meeting Details
- Tuesday 2015-01-13 - 11:00 am Pacific Standard Time
- Calendar links: iCal ics or Atom/XML feed
- Engineering Vidyo Room / Air Mozilla / MTV Alien Nation / TOR Finch / SFO Warfield / PDX Hair of the Dog
- Join irc.mozilla.org #planning for back channel
- Dial-in: Audio-only conference# 98411
- People with Mozilla phones or softphones please dial x4000 Conf# 98411
- US/Toll-free: +1 800 707 2533, (pin 4000) Conf# 98411
- US/California/Mountain View: +1 650 903 0800, x4000 Conf# 98411
- US/California/San Francisco: +1 415 762 5700, x4000 Conf# 98411
- US/Oregon/Portland: +1 971 544 8000, x4000 Conf# 98411
- CA/British Columbia/Vancouver: +1 778 785 1540, x4000 Conf# 98411
- CA/Ontario/Toronto: +1 416 848 3114, x4000 Conf# 98411
- UK/London: +44 (0)207 855 3000, x4000 Conf# 98411
- FR/Paris: +33 1 84 88 37 37, x4000 Conf# 98411
- Gmail Chat (requires Flash and the Google Talk plugin): paste +1 650 903 0800 into the Gmail Chat box that doesn't look like it accepts phone numbers
- SkypeOut is free if you use the 800 number
- 1 Need To Know
- 2 Quality Programs
- 3 Team Stand-ups
- 3.1 A*Team (jgriffin)
- 3.2 Accessibility (dbolter)
- 3.3 B2G Services (dougt)
- 3.4 Cloud Services (mmayo)
- 3.5 Desktop Platform (bsmedberg)
- 3.6 Developer Services (gps/lthomson)
- 3.7 Developer Tools (prouget)
- 3.8 DOM (jst/overholt)
- 3.9 Electrolysis (e10s) (blassey)
- 3.10 Firefox Desktop (gavin)
- 3.11 Firefox Mobile (snorp/blassey/mfinkle)
- 3.12 GFX (milan)
- 3.13 JS (naveed)
- 3.14 Layout (jet/dbaron)
- 3.15 Media (mreavy)
- 3.16 Necko (dougt/jduell)
- 3.17 Performance (vladan)
- 3.18 Seceng (dougt)
- 3.19 Shumway (tschneidereit)
- 3.20 WebAPI (overholt)
- 4 Roundtable
- 5 Links
Need To Know
(Release and system issues that may impact engineering this week.)
|Next Merge: February 10, 2020||Next Release: February 11, 2020|
|Central: 74||Aurora: 54||Beta: 73||Release: 72.0|
- Today is release day! Congratulations on releasing Firefox 35 and Firefox ESR 31.4!
- 36 Beta1 ships Thursday
- MSE is enabled in beta1. Please test YouTube playback on Windows and file bugs.
- 37 Aurora updates are scheduled to be re-enabled on Friday
- 38 Nightly will be the next ESR. Get your refactorings or other major changes in while 38 is on m-c.
A note on branching:
- FXOS v2.2 update : Please note that has diverged from mainline gecko and is on its own b2g37 branch. mozilla-aurora (gecko 37) will continuously be merged to mozilla-b2g37_v2_2 . So, if you have a gecko bug that you are fixing on aurora and impacts b2g as well, you do not have to worry about requesting approval twice as the sheriff's will auto-merge it for you.
- Want all merge and release days included in your calendar? Add this Google calendar.
Build Changes (gps)
(Build changes of which engineers should be aware.)
(Repo, test, and other information for engineers from the release engineering team.)
(System outages/upgrades and tree closures that impact engineering.)
- The next Tree Closing Window (TCW) is scheduled for Saturday, January 24. The list of work is not yet finalized, more detail on time impact next week.
(An opportunity to hear about status with the various quality programs that do not have a formal team structure.)
- DMD now works well on Win64, now that NS_StackWalk is working on Win64.
- Waiting for data on new versions, a lot of 36 beta focus will be on MSE crashes.
(In <2 mins, what did your team accomplish last week, on what is your team working on this week, and on what, if anything, is your team blocked? No questions during the stand-ups. All questions should be asked during the roundtable.)
B2G Services (dougt)
Cloud Services (mmayo)
Desktop Platform (bsmedberg)
- We will be disabling Flash protected mode for FF36beta1 (Desktop) and evaluating stability metrics and looking for regressions. We have not yet made a decision about whether this will ship to release.
- There appears to be a bug where our hook is ineffective on Windows 8.1.
Developer Services (gps/lthomson)
Developer Tools (prouget)
Electrolysis (e10s) (blassey)
- Please help test e10s in Nightly!
- Known issues: https://wiki.mozilla.org/Electrolysis#What_to_Expect
Firefox Desktop (gavin)
Firefox Mobile (snorp/blassey/mfinkle)
- Looking at some MSE related issues.
- Chasing a few intermittent problems.
- Coming soon:
- APZ 2.2 improvements (ok)
- Silk on 2.2 (exciting)
- WebGL2 (interesting)
- Coming later:
- Desktop APZ (interesting)
- bug 1045929 JPEG downscale-during-decode landed and bounced. Will re-land and uplift this week as this feature is important for B2G 2.2.
- bug 1055658 Major components of CSS Ruby are landing
- bug 1115691 New Perf Metrics API to count layout frames constructed and reflowed
1. What has your team done since last week that might impact others?
- Hello/Loop Rooms going to release this week
- MSE is enabled in Beta1; Please test Youtube without Flash on Windows (Vista+)
2. What will your team do this week that might impact others?
- Landing bug 879717 (fix mediastream->video_element->canvas path) - thanks to Andreas Pehrson of Telenor!
- Landed last night and bounced due to unrelated bug in EME it triggered
- Initial Multistream support in webrtc
- Becomes more useful later once we get renegotiation & bundle
- Landing of WebRTC.org stable branch 40 (also being used by Chrome 40) - bug 1109428.
- Green on all platforms other than OpenH264 not working yet (packetization changes).
- The Network Predictor (aka "Seer") is about to land again
- This time it's written over the HTTP cache instead of SQLite
- Help us test bug 998863: Asynchronous initialization of plugins
- It's currently preffed *OFF* by default, please help us test it: set dom.ipc.plugins.asyncInit to true
- There are stability problems with e10s at the moment, Aaron is working on fixing these issues
- Mark any bug reports as blockers of bug 1116806
(Comments and questions that arise during the course of the meeting or otherwise do not have a section.)
Friends of the Tree
Mailing List Threads
(Threads that are likely to be of interest to engineering from various mailing lists.)
(Links to blog posts, books, videos, etc. that you think will be of interest to others.)