- Every Monday at 2:30 PM Pacific/5:30 PM Eastern/22:30 UTC/Tuesday at 11:30 AM NZDT
- +1 650 903 0800 x92 Conf# 217
- +1 416 848 3114 x92 Conf# 217
- +1 800 707 2533 (pin 369) Conf# 217 (toll free, Skype)
To Do before Firefox 4
- priority order is 1) windows with angle; 2) mac; 3) everything else
- Get WebGL test suite running as a mochitest bug 582053
- It's all green on linux and mac (with just a few tests disabled), the problems are on Windows: ANGLE fails to load on Win2003, and the JS engine crashes on Win7, see bug 622676
- What needs to be done so we can call what we ship "WebGL"?
- We need to pass 100% of the test suite, except if we can prove that a failure is caused by a driver bug (thinking about ANGLE especially). Currently we're at ~ 98%. The biggest remaining TODO items are no-color-conversion loading of images (being worked on by Vlad and discussed with Joe) and implementing lost-context-events. The rest is a few small fixes, no big worry.
- How close are we to using ANGLE to render on Windows?
- The biggest obstacle is legal, as we need to be able to redistribute a DLL from the DirectX runtime. There also are some ANGLE bugs, but it's been improving, it shouldn't be a blocker anymore.
- On Linux, need to implement blacklist, a safe approach for now is to allow only NVIDIA proprietary driver
- ClearType/Subpixel AA with hardware accel
- DWrite I/O at startup
- What's our status? How likely is this to be done in the next couple of weeks?
- What else?