This is a page of useful information about and for the Firefox Graphics team. For an overview of graphics inside of Gecko look here
If you're interested in contributing, check out this page.
You can find the team in channel #gfx-firefox:mozilla.org on Matrix (info on how to join Matrix).
Roadmaps and Goals
View our general Roadmap for 2020
View the WebRender-specific roadmap
View a more detailed roadmap mapped against months/releases
View the Graphics Team Q2 Goals
Bug Triage Information
- Design documents for the Mozilla graphics architecture
- Rendering Overview from HTML to GPU
- WebRender specific implementation notes:
- A large collection of detailed diagrams on call- and data-flow of IPC/Bridges/Compositor/Video playback/...
Tools & Workflows
- Windows-based development tips and step-by-step set up guide;
- QA Graphics Inventory: which hardware do we have and where is it
- WebGL Best Practices
- Driver Issues in WebRender
- WebRender Perf Triage
- Quantum Render
- Where have we shipped WebRender? https://wiki.mozilla.org/Platform/GFX/WebRender_Where
- Async Panning and Zooming
We have a lot of older pages that are no longer updated. They've been moved here.