There are now two types of Eideticker machines: the "classic" configuration for capturing live data over HDMI and the camera-based configuration for capturing data with an external camera.
Eideticker classic (HDMI) setup
- Dell Precision T1600, 8 GB RAM, SAMSUNG SSD PM810 2.5" 7mm 256GB
- Very important: the workstation must have both a PCI express 16x slot for the graphics card *and* a (minimum) 4x for the Decklink capture card.
- Capture card: Blackmagic Design DeckLink HD Extreme 3D
- Graphics card: PNY nVidia Quadro 600
- Operating systems: Both Win7 (to verify the card in case of problems) and Ubuntu 12.04 (for normal use)
Eideticker camera setup
- Any Linux-based computer running Ubuntu 12.04 with a USB3 port (USB3 ports are usually blue).
- If a desktop machine without a USB3 port, you can order a PCI card which adds this capability: http://www.ptgrey.com/products/usb3-components/usb3-components.asp
- USB3 micro-b cable (possibly add a hub depending on machine): http://www.ptgrey.com/products/usb3-components/usb3-components.asp
- PointGrey Flea3 camera model FL3-U3-13E4C-C: http://www.ptgreystore.com/products/229-flea3-13mp-color-usb-30-e2v-ev76c560.aspx
- Fujinon HF12.5HA-1B Lens: http://www.ptgreystore.com/products/98-fujinon-hf125ha-1b-lens.aspx
- Joby gorillapod tripod for pointgrey camera: http://joby.com/gorillapod/slrzoom
- Joby micro stand for phone (FIXME: this doesn't work particularly well for the inari but I don't know of anything better - maybe we could make one?) http://joby.com/smartphones/griptight-micro-stand