An "eideticker" is a person with a photographic memory.
Eideticker is a performance harness that measures user perceived performance of web browsers by video capturing them in action and subsequently running image analysis on the raw result. This is different from most classical performance analysis, which almost always relies on some kind of internal instrumentation.
Eideticker currently works with both Firefox for Android (and to a limited extent, other browsers on Android for comparative purposes) and FirefoxOS.
We are currently using Eideticker to track mobile performance (a la arefastyet.com) at:
Most Eideticker documentation is kept inside source control (as of this writing, in the top-level README.md). This includes documentation on how to install/configure the software for local development, as well as information on writing Eideticker tests.
- Original specification - mostly of historical interest but contains some theoretical details and plans still not documented elsewhere
- Notes on initial prototype - mostly of historical interest
- Hardware - hardware in an eideticker setup
- Machine Setup - how to set up an Eideticker machine
- Machine Maintenance - how to maintain Eideticker machines
- Decklink primer - information on the Decklink cards we're using in this project.
- Profiling with Eideticker - how to profile builds with Eideticker.