Provide an intuitive way to clear cookies and cache, and reload a website
|Provide an intuitive way to clear cookies and cache, and reload a website|
|Status note||Splitting this into different features.|
|Directly Responsible Individual||Michael Verdi|
|Product marketing lead||`|
Stage 1: Definition
1. Feature overview
Approximately 20% of SUMO questions are about websites not working or loading and can be fixed by clearing cookies and cache and then reloading the website. In order to do this, you have to use the "Clear Recent History" feature, configure it to clear only cookies and cache, select a time range and, once that's done, reload the website.
People often don't discover this feature and don't know how to use it because:
- The feature isn't presented when and where the problem is
- The feature's name doesn't indicate that it will help with website connection issues
- The feature has to be configured properly to work in this instance
- After clearing cookies and cache, the additional step of reloading the website has to be performed.
What this feature would do:
- Change the Shift-Reload functionality to include clearing cookies and cache - a sort of "super-reload".
- Change the look of the reload button when shift in held down.
- Do this "super-reload" automatically when a user clicks reload 3 times in a short time span.
2. Users & use cases
- Cookies and/or website cache preventing page from loading or updating.
Stage 2: Design
5. Functional specification
6. User experience design
Stage 3: Planning
7. Implementation plan
Quality Assurance review
Stage 4: Development
Stage 5: Release
10. Landing criteria
|Theme / Goal||`|
Team status notes