App Sharing is a feature currently targeted for Firefox 34 that uses WebRTC for screensharing all windows of an app. If a site/domain is in the screen/app/window sharing whitelist, then those sites will be allowed to prompt you for permission to your screen, windows or collection of windows associated with an app. It shares a collection of windows associated with a particular app.
If you find new bugs in app sharing, please report them with [appsharing-uplift] in the whiteboard and set them to block bug 1053215.
To test app sharing:
- start multiple applications
- start Firefox Nightly 34
- set media.getusermedia.screensharing.enabled = true
- set media.getusermedia.screensharing.allowed_domains = queze.net
- open http://queze.net/goinfre/ff_gum_test.html
- start Application
- click on the "Application to share:" drop-down to get the list of applications
|923225||[meta] Add screen/app/window sharing support||--||NEW|
|1036653||Implement application sharing for getUserMedia||P1||VERIFIED|
|1040061||Screen sharing and Window Sharing for Fx 33||--||RESOLVED|
|1053215||[meta] app sharing for Fx34||--||RESOLVED|
4 Total; 1 Open (25%); 2 Resolved (50%); 1 Verified (25%);
57 Total; 26 Open (45.61%); 23 Resolved (40.35%); 8 Verified (14.04%);