: Etherpad users! We are developing an extension that will allow you to create pages from etherpads quickly and easily. Please visit our sandbox and help us test it.

QA/Automation/Meetings/140428

From MozillaWiki
< QA‎ | Automation‎ | Meetings
Jump to: navigation, search

previous meeting | Meetings | next meeting »

Dial in

 # When:     Every Monday at 8:45am PDT/PST
 # Vidyo:    https://v.mozilla.com/flex.html?roomdirect.html&key=PGtLpx3XQGJz
 # Phone:    650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 9654 (US/INTL)
 #           1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 9654 (US)
 # IRC:      irc://irc.mozilla.org:6697/#automation
 # IRC logs: http://irclog.gr/#browse/irc.mozilla.org/automation

General

  • Attendees:
  • Chair: Andreea
  • Notes: Mihaela

Last Weeks Action Items

  • [NEW] [Henrik] get information on how to setup a blog on mozilla.com
  • [DONE] [Henrik] To update our team wiki page for the goals of Q2 2014
  • [DONE] [Andreea] prepare the merge patch (Beta > Release) by Friday
  • [DONE] [Mihaela, Daniel] Get a list of the tests needed to automate - create an email thread on the automation list to get them prioritized (in-qa-testsuite? flag)
  • [DONE] [Softvision] Metro
    • finish mozmill tests for metro
  • [ON TRACK] [Henrik] To update the goals for the metric - 10 tests to automate (Kamil is also helping with the tests)
    • Gathering further information for generating the metrics

Highlights

  • [Andrei] finally all remaining [mozmill-tests] metro related bugs have been landed and marked as Resolved Fixed (thanks Daniel!)
  • [Henrik] We have default reviewers for the mozmill-tests component on Bugzilla now
  • [Henrik] For mozmill-ci we no longer run tests for l10n Nightly builds: https://github.com/mozilla/mozmill-ci/issues/433

Roundtable

Goals Overview

Project Updates

Puppet for Mozmill CI (Henrik, Andreea, Andrei)

  • Current goal status:
    • Started to file bugs to get pre-requisits implemented by RelEng for each of the systems we want to cover
  • Notes
    • Primary setup for puppetmaster is done. Also user environments are working for being able to test puppetizing on staging
    • Dustin is working to get Ubuntu 14.04 onto puppetmaster
    • As next step we have to get the proxy/networking config setup via Puppet (bug 997721)

TPS continuous integration (Henrik, Cosmin)

  • Current goal status:
    • Not started yet
  • Notes
    • Henrik still works on the last remaining test failures

Automation of important tests for Desktop QA (Daniel, Mihaela)

  • Current goal status:
    • Get a list of the tests needed to automate and start an email thread on the automation list to get them prioritized (in-qa-testsuite? flag)
  • Notes
    • Next steps: look for geolocation tests, get list of feature tests to automate (from feature owners)

Automation Trainings (Andreea, Cosmin)

  • Current goal status:
    • Not started yet
  • Notes
    • We propose to have one in May and another at the beginning of June. From previous experience having 2 in a row wasn't very successful for the second one.

Mozmill for Marionette (Andrei, Andreea)

  • Current goal status:
    • Not started yet
  • Notes
    • bug 754847 - Replace local httpd.js web server with mozhttpd

Others

  • Mozmill (Henrik)
    • Still major still jsbridge disconnect issues
    • Henrik, Nils, and Kamil will work on todays merge for mozmill-tests
  • WebRTC (Nils)
    • WebRTC Tiger has dedicated hardware system for basic audio & video system up and running
    • Working on getting the various pieces around steeplechase automated
    • Collect tools for recording audio and video across platforms for better bug reports https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=970442

Softvision Updates

Desktop Automation

  • Goals progress:
  • Resolved Fixed:
    • 17 bugs fixed: http://mzl.la/1h6T7Ty - in the last 2 weeks
    • bug 987640 - Add automated test for the functionality of the Character encoding panel in Australis
    • [mciconf] Add option for the "override-update-channel" paramater. issue#20
  • Working on:
    • Andreea
      • bug 994040 - Failures across several tests due to notification panel changes - 15 tests affected
      • bug 979249 - Disable "New app installed" notification from Win 8 and 8.1 nodes
      • bug 980938 - Crash of Adobe Flash with protected mode enabled and clearing cookies [@ F2102588022]
    • Andrei
      • bug 994658 - Several JSbridge disconnect failures
      • bug 989922 - Test failure "Element.waitForElement(): Element 'ID: errorTitleText' has been found" in testSecurity/testSSLDisabledErrorPage.js
      • bug 972912 - Mozmill fails to ran all expected tests
    • Cosmin
      • bug 964191 - Crash [@ gdk_visual_get_blue_pixel_details ] under PK11PasswordPrompt during mozmill testrun
      • bug 998319 - crash in nsCSSRendering::FindBackground(nsIFrame*, nsStyleContext**)
      • bug 998331 - Startup crash in mozilla::gfx::AlphaBoxBlur::BoxBlur_SSE2(unsigned char*, int, int, int, int, unsigned int*, unsigned long)
      • bug 599290 - Update SoftwareUpdateAPI to support complete relocation to the about dialog
      • bug 911257 - [mozrunner] Add feature to set Firefox as the default browser on Windows 8 and later
    • Daniel
    • Mihaela
      • update list with tests which need automation and started discussion thread on
      • update existing tests
        • bug 947914 - Add test for the functionality of Panel Menu buttons in Australis
        • bug 830379 - Create mozmill test for restarting the browser while having an opened PDF file
        • bug 987185 - Add test for the functionality of the Sync button when user is signed into an account
        • bug 973641 - Add test for the functionality of addon button in Australis
      • new tests
        • bug 996506 - Add tests for the functionality of the History subview (Panel Menu)
        • bug 967568 - Create Mozmill test for Firefox's safebrowsing feature
        • bug 987640 - Add automated test for the functionality of the Character encoding panel in Australis

Personal Status

For the personal status please check the weekly status updates:

Meeting Notes

The meeting notes for this meeting can be read in the following etherpad:

If you missed the meeting you can also watch it in our archive.

Action items

  • [CARRY OVER] [Henrik] get information on how to setup a blog on mozilla.com
  • [CARRY OVER] [Henrik] To update the goals for the metric - 10 tests to automate (Kamil is also helping with the tests)
  • [NEW] [Marc] Contact Doug regarding geolocation tests
  • [NEW] [Henrik] setup template project for goals
  • [DONE] [Henrik] Create bug to get a temporary Mac Mini setup for DeployStudio testing
  • [NEW] [Andreea] Find possible days for automation training days
  • [NEW] [Kamil] Get back to Jim regarding the new app notification (bug 979249)