|Feature||Status||Release Target||Lead engineer||QA Lead||Status|
|<disallow enumeration of navigator.plugins>||Landed in Firefox 28||Firefox 28||Chris Peterson||Catalin Varga, Bogdan Maris||Signed Off|
- Don't allow sites to get a list of a user's plugins anymore. They can still get information on whether a certain plugin is installed/enabled.
- Install several plugins and go to https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/plugincheck/
- Only a limited number of plugins are displayed: Java, QuickTime, Flash, and Shockwave
- Go to add-on manager and check to see if all of the plugins are displayed
- Go to about:plugins and check to see if all of the plugins are displayed
- Check several sites that are using plugins displayed by the plugincheck page and check if the functionality is broken
- Check several sites that are using plugins not displayed by the plugincheck page and check if the functionality is broken
- The test cases for this feature can be viewed in this Moztrap testsuite.
Sign off Criteria
- All the test cases were executed.
- All the major bugs have been verified fixed.
Firefox 29.0a2 Aurora-20140313004000 (Aurora merge sign off) - 02/07/2014
- On the next OSS:
- Ubuntu 13.04 64-bit
- Win 7 64-bit
- Mac Os X 10.8.5