- 1 Overview
- 2 Testing Summary
- 3 Testing details
- 4 Signoff
The purpose of this wiki is to serve as a general test plan for verifying that "Choose What To Sync" functionality in Firefox Preview will allow users to choose what to sync!
Developer contact: Grisha Kruglov
[LANDED] Nightly 10/7: first landed on - 07-10-2019
Scope of testing
The testing will be focused on
- Syncing will be performed without issues between connected Sync clients.
- Making sure all of the FxA flows continue working as expected, and Sync behaves correctly.
Testing will be performed on the following devices:
- Nokia 6 (Android 7.1.1)
- Samsung Galaxy Note 8 (Android 9)
- iOS 12SE
- Samsung Galaxy Tab A6 (Android 5.1)
- Windows 10
- Information about the feature
- how to use it: Two ways to make a choice will be available - during the sign-up flow, and from the native Sync Settings UI in Fenix. This is a global setting, affecting other connected Sync clients (desktop, Fennec, iOS).
- turn on/off feature: select/deselect "Bookmarks" and "History" options can be done and the changes are synced correctly
- As a user, I want to choose what to sync.
- As a user, I want to sync only Bookmarks or only History, or both, or none, and I am able to select that.
- Created the Test cases: https://testrail.stage.mozaws.net/index.php?/suites/view/5457
- Created the Test plan
- Ran a test suite on Nokia 6 (Android 7.1.1), and other connected Sync devices: Samsung Galaxy Note 8 (Android 9), Desktop - Windows 10, iOS 12SE
- Found and filed an issue 5814 - [Bug] Not all bookmarks are synced correctly
- Ran a test suite on Samsung Galaxy Note 8 (Android 9) and other connected Sync devices: Samsung Galaxy Tab A6 (Android 5.1), Desktop - Windows 10, iOS 12SE
- Created the Summary https://testrail.stage.mozaws.net/index.php?/reports/view/2077
- All test cases should be executed
- All blockers, criticals must be fixed and verified or have an agreed-upon timeline for being fixed
Firefox Preview Nightly tests
- 5814 - [Bug] Not all bookmarks are synced correctly
- Known issues: