The purpose of this wiki is to serve as a general test plan for verifying that Firefox for Android lets you install Mozilla-signed add-ons and blocks non-signed add-ons
Developer contact: Margaret Leibovic (:margaret)
[LANDED] Nightly 47: first landed on - 2016-02-10
[LANDED] Aurora: first landed on - 2016-02-18
[NOT LANDED] Beta: not landed yet -
Scope of testing
The testing will be focus on
- Support the 'add-on signing' requirement that has been added to the AMO Review steps
- Only signed add-ons can be installed (and therefore enabled) on Firefox
- Provide a seamless (no discernible difference) experience to users who have an existing unsigned add-on pre-45 when the add-on is updated as a signed version when 45 is released
- Notify users that an existing, previously un-signed add-on is on their device and is now disabled because the add-on wasn't signed for 45
Testing will be performed on following devices:
- 4.4 +
- 4.4 +
- Try to install a signed add-on
- Verify that non-signed add-ons are blocked
- Notify user that an existing, previously un-signed add-on is disabled after updating to Firefox 46
- As a mobile Firefox user I'm only able to install Mozilla-signed add-ons to Firefox.
- Add-ons will be signed by Mozilla in order to further protect our users from only being able to install Mozilla-signed add-ons to Firefox, whether this is desktop or mobile.
- Actual support for signed add-ons is already ready, but is currently switched off. Turning it on is a configuration change which needs to be tracked in order to coordinate with this feature's release.
- Differentiatior: we are the only browser on Android with Add-ons
- bugs to track the feature
|1170043||[meta] Implement notifications for signed add-ons||--||RESOLVED|
|1170113||[meta] Enable and support signed add-ons||P5||RESOLVED|
2 Total; 0 Open (0%); 2 Resolved (100%); 0 Verified (0%);
[NEW] Bug 1249328 - Un-signed add-ons are not disabled after updating Firefox
[NEW] Bug 1194125 - Show warning in add-on manager list for add-ons that aren't properly signed
[NEW] Bug 1172642 - Make sure distribution add-ons work when add-on signing is required by default
[NEW] Bug 1168577 - Create a new hotfix signing certificate for Android that chains to the AMO root.
- All test cases should be executed
- All blockers, criticals must be fixed and verified or have an agreed-upon timeline for being fixed